3,529 results
All reviews the executive lounge white house great location two blocks hilton honors k street junior suite corner room fitness center lobby bar valet parking couple blocks street noise downtown dc sight seeing national mall washington monument
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Stayed recently with my wife and 3 kids. The hotel is historical, built around 1946, but there is no historical feel about it, except for the rooms, which are a bit dated, and with that old smell. It seems to be caught somewhere between 1946 and 2012, without a real identity. Staff were generally nice and helpful. Our floor smelled of cigarette smoke, or it was the old carpets, so we were a bit turned off right away, but the hotel staff said the whole building is non smoking. I used points for an upgraded room, but the room I was given was too small for my family, so the moved me into a larger room. As noted above, the room was outdated, othere than the granite counter tops in the bathroom. We had some issues with the room, using the dryer made the fuze in the room blow, and we were left without electricity 3 times, once late at night. I noticed a stain on duvet cover, so not sure how thorough the housekeeping is. I forgot a toothbrush, and called the front desk for one. I had to call back after 30 minutes and was told that they only had one person on staff that could help. It never came, until I called again the next morning. The beds were only so so comfortable, the pull out sofa bed, well, its a sofa bed, and it was not comfortable. Overall good location, but I would move on as there are better hotels in the area for same money. Oh, but the cookies served in the evening were really good (really)!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 4 July 2012

Thank you for choosing the Capital Hilton for your visit to the nation’s capital and for taking the time to provide us with feedback in regards to your recent stay. We apologize that the accommodations you received were not up to Capital Hilton standards. I have reviewed your comments with our Director of Housekeeping to avoid those issues in the future. Please be assured that we take great pride in our product and service and will certainly make sure to follow up on your feedback.
We truly hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back to our property in future.
Kind regards.

Reviewed 1 July 2012

Our family of 4 stayed at the Capitol Hitlon for 2 nights for a quick trip on our drive home to Georgia. With only 3 days notice we booked a double room for $149/night. Valet is $42/day but the hotel is only 2 blocks from the White House. We walked everywhere. Breakfast on the executive floor was mediocre, enough for a free meal, but the space was poorly laid out. The room was incredibly spacious and staff very attentive and nice (all staff). You can see the White House from the fromt of the hotel too. Fantabulous location for those planning to spend most of their time exploring the memorials and museums.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank crookster4
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.
We truly appreciate your comments and observations. We are glad to hear that our convenient location, room accommodation contributed to the success of your visit.
On the other hand, we would like to apologize for the services in other areas of the hotel that did not meet your expectations. We have shared your feedback with our team particularly the Director of Food and Beverage regarding the Executive Lounge.
We look forward to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Capital Hilton soon.
Regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2012

This hotel is very well positioned on 16th Street and the lobby has a light and airy feel. The reception staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful, so first impressions were good. The building itself, however, gives the impression of being relatively old and in some places this shows. While I was there, they were redecorating part of the lobby which is encouraging, if slightly inconvenient.

My room was a pretty good size but somewhat long and narrow, and it had a curious arrangement with a small kitchenette/bar area which was equipped with large a fridge that didn't work. My impression of the room was that it felt slightly unloved and tired.

The main hotel bar is situated in the middle of the lobby, in a slightly elevated position which does nothing to create any ambience - it lacks privacy and it was not a place which welcomed you in for a relaxing drink. I also tried the executive lounge on the top floor. This has reasonable views but the atmosphere was dominated by extremely confrontational and unpleasant staff who treated me more as an intruder than a guest.

Breakfast in the large dining room was very good with a wide range of food and drinks on offer and friendly waiting staff - a complete contrast to the staff in the executive lounge.

Overall I was somewhat unimpressed with this hotel. With a just little bit of effort it could have been so much better - I may go back, but that would only be because of its convenient location.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you so kindly with your great Tripadvisor review. We are certainly gratified to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. . We are also delighted to know that our location and immediate environs like the White House, Museums and the Monuments, contributed to the success of your visit.
Likewise, we would like to apologize for the service deficiency you experienced while in our Executive Lounge. We have shared your feedback with our Director of Food and Beverage, and Director of Front Office as well. Rest assured that similar incident will not happen again.
We look forward to have the many opportunities to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in all your travels to the Nation's capital.
Regards,

Reviewed 26 June 2012

The staff at reception were excellent. We arrived early at hotel and they were able to accommodate us with an early check in. We had travelled by Amtrak from New York to Washington dc and Amtrak had managed to lose our luggage. The staff could not have been more helpful and Laura in particular did her best to help locate our luggage. We found the rooms to e very spacious and spotless with a good supply of clean towels etc every day. Hotel well located for sightseeing (just two blocks to Whitehouse). Very convenient to a metro station(mac person square). We really enjoyed our stay and would ha e no hesitation in recommending this hotel. Mr & Mrs P. Londonderry, N.Ireland

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chrissyLondonderry
Management response:Responded 27 June 2012

“Greetings Mr.& Mrs. Londonderry. Thank you for the excellent tripadvisor review. We are delighted to hear that our convenient location , room accommodation and the services of our team, in particular, guests services agent Laura, who has consistency and efficiently played the role of service ambassador at our front desk, factored in the success of your visit. We truly appreciate your gracious comments. Your feedback was indeed refreshing and reassuring and we look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back to the historic Capital Hilton in your future travels to Washington, DC. .

Kindest regards

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Up until a few weeks ago (see my review of the nearby Madison Hotel, which is my new favorite hotel in the district), the Capitol Hilton was my go-to hotel whenever I was in Washington D.C. The property is gigantic - I never have a problem getting a room, and the produce is very consistent. It is an easy five minute walk from the metro, and about the same distance from the White House, so it is close to everything.

The rooms are decently spacious, and pretty quiet - you can hear a bit of traffic from the corridor and doors opening/closing, but overall pretty good, with attractive appointments that are just beginning to show their age. Marble floors in the bathrooms and nice linens on the bed. Overall a good Hilton property.

A few notes: some of the rooms have issues (e.g. I've had a tub that flat out wasn't working), be sure to ask for a quick change before you unpack. Despite having something like six elevators, I found myself waiting in the lobby or on my floor for as much as five minutes during high traffic periods (lots of business travelers like myself). The gym requires an extra payment to use, something I found rather annoying.

Still, this is a consistently good property, and is the property that I immediately call when none of my particular favorites have availability in the district. I give it four stars because that consistency of service can be somewhat difficult to find in D.C.

Don't shop in the hotel shop; if you do, expect prices 3x above the CVS that is just 1.5 blocks away, and with stale (and sometimes expired - check your Sourpatch Kids, as of 6/12 there were two packages that expired in April on the shelf!) food and candy.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 25 June 2012

Thank you for staying with us and we appreciate the time you took to review the hotel and share your thoughts. We are delighted to hear that our convenient location, room accommodation and consistent friendly service of our staff contributed to the success of your many stays with us. I have reviewed and shared with our team the services in the areas of the hotel that did not meet your expectations. For that, I sincerely apologize for the service deficiency issues.

We truly hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property in the future.

Kind regards.