Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
CHKV
Clifton Park, New York

Excellent stay

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 6 Dec 2019
All the staff are friendly and welcoming. This is our 3rd stay at the Palomar. We love staying in Dupont Circle for you can walk to many places and the Metro is just a short distance away. Check out all the food choices in the area.
Date of stay: October 2019
    AU$656
1.3 km from The Royal Sonesta Washington DC Dupont Circle
View more hotels in Washington DC
5,434 results
All reviews hotel palomar dupont circle wine hour executive king complimentary wine huge room every evening embassy row mini bar front desk staff spacious rooms white house national mall kimpton lobby metro block
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 December 2019 via mobile

Let me start by saying that we stay at Kimpton’s quite often. Also, the front desk staff at this location were great. I would have given it more stars, if it wasn’t for this one incident. The rooms were also nice and large.
The hotel offers free coffee in the mornings until 9am at the restaurant. We walked in at approximately 8:58 and asked the waiter at their restaurant if we could have some. He looked at someone behind the bar and the person said no. He said it was 9 am. My husband told him that it still wasn’t 9, but he refused to budge. I paid for one coffee, because my husband refused to pay for his. We went to front desk. We explained the situation and requested to ask for the Restaurant Manager. The very nice woman came back with a cup of coffee to make things right, but that wasn’t the issue. We insisted on speaking with the Manager.
The same person who said no walked out to us with an all knowing smile, which set us on the wrong path. Now it was a matter of principal! We didn’t mind paying the resort fee “which by the way includes the complimentary coffee and wine”. We didn’t mind the expensive valet fee, but you expect a higher standard of service. Long story short the “Manager” didn’t apologize and didn’t even offer the money back.

4  Thank Koochooloo
Reviewed 26 November 2019

Get ready to be treated NICE! Food is great, service great and rooms are great! Coming here for 13 years for a reason! The nicest folks around. Love the location, the ambiance and service. Become a member and they will give you lots of goodies.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank naturegirlcitygirl
Reviewed 25 November 2019

I have reviewed this hotel before and it continues to be a great place to stay. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are a generous size and the decor is spirited and fun. The location is fantastic, an easy walk to museums, monuments and many great restaurants.

2  Thank 852tm
Reviewed 22 November 2019

Stay away from this hotel. I would give this hotel a negative rating/0 rating if there was an option. I booked this hotel under Techwomen conference. Had booked 2 rooms - one for my self and one for a colleague. While checking in , the front desk messed up the checkin process for my colleague resulting a double charge on my account and a single charge on my colleague s account. Resulting in 3 charges for 2 rooms. Instead of giving my colleague the room under her reference number I booked for her, they gave her something else. They checked in a stranger under the booking reference that was supposed to be given to my colleague. Since my card was on file for these 2 booking reference numbers, they changed for my room and the strangers room. I can't believe how messed up their system is. They should refund me the extra charge of 965$ then have put on my card and instead charge the person who stayed in that room. I have called couple of times in the hotel, my call gets transferred from one place to another and finally no response and someone just hangs up. I was finally able to get hold of accounting department one fine day. They are not able to trace who stayed under my booking. Accounting suggested that I file dispute for my case, which I have done. I really want this to get resolved. This is the worst experience I have ever had. Such a known brand making all these mistakes with accounting. The front desk was rude and super slow in check in process. They were giving keys to the rooms that were Pre occupied by some one else. They need to fix their team and the system.
I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank 70shwetab
Reviewed 18 November 2019

Really sad to see a formerly nice and affordable hotel go downhill. Small rooms, run down, and poor service. Asked for room service for hot tea and waited 2 hours. Locked out of room and waited 30 minutes. Front desk attendant not very attentive and I had to ask 3 times for receipt. We will go elsewhere next time.

2  Thank kc13579