Omni Shoreham Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
USD 301*
USD 276*
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
USD 349*
USD 253*
  • Breakfast included
USD 187*
HolidayInn.com
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
USD 254*
  • Pool
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
USD 503*
USD 301*
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
USD 286*
USD 485*
USD 458*
  • Room Service
7,518 results
All reviewsopen cityrobert's restaurantrock creek parkselect guestbeautiful hotelwoodley parkwalk in closetmetro stationadams morganoutdoor poolan older hotellarge hotelvalet parkingfitness centerdc areadupont circlezoo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I stayed one night in Feb for work, and this hotel blew so many others out of the water! The lobby is gorgeous and large; so many places to sit and relax with friends or colleagues. The restaurant is beautiful and service was good. Concierge and front desk staff very helpful and friendly. The hotel has a real historic feel to it, but it is so large and well-lit, it just feels like a "castle". The room was great: quiet and large, big closet and classic decor. My only negatives are: no coffee/tea maker in the room (but I don't drink coffee, so I didn't care) and the bathroom window was drafty. It was closed, but a draft was coming through somewhere so the bathroom was freezing cold (Feb night air). I just closed the door to the bathroom and the bedroom stayed warm all night. I can't say anything about the comfort of the bed; I'm pregnant so no bed is comfortable for me right now! There's also LOTS of great restaurants on the next block over, in a range of prices for all budgets. I will totally stay here again!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
OmniMgr, Manager at Omni Shoreham Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Thank you for sharing your complimentary review of The Omni Shoreham Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 15 February 2012

If you are looking for a Morgans Group hotel or W style hotel, this is not it. Its an older hotel which is beautifully decorated inside and the rooms are HUGE! The staff was excellent! We only wished we had stayed more than one nite! The parking is ridiculously priced but I think that is a general DC hotel deal so you cant get away from that. Its right near a cute park that you can drive through...sorry cant remember the name off hand. There is an AMAZING diner / restaurant across the street. We loved the entire experience! Oh one more thing, you really need a car to get around the area from the hotel. That is its only downfall!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple

We are glad you enjoyed your night at The Omni Shoreham Hotel. If you return, we'd be happy to help you with ways to explore the city without a car. The metro is just steps from the hotel and there is a trolley stop right outside our entrance. Thank you for sharing your experience and we hope you will be our guest again in the future.

Reviewed 15 February 2012

but it does have a spectacular, opulent lobby. Too bad the rooms aren't in the same league. My room was on the small side, and was in need of renovation to bring it out of the 60's.

My wife and I always brew our own french press coffee in our rooms. This hotel could/would not provide her with an electric kettle, so I brought our travel kettle from home.

We didn't eat at the hotel, so I can't say anything about that experience. Also it seemed to be a long cab ride from anywhere we went.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your remarks regarding your recent stay at The Omni Shoreham Hotel. We are disappointed to read that you weren't impressed with your recent experience but appreciate all of your comments. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope for a future opportunity to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 14 February 2012

I always stay at the Omni every January when I visit DC for the TRB Annual Meeting. This hotel is much much nicer than the Marriott Wardman Park or the Hilton. The rooms are significantly bigger and much more comfortable. Most rooms have a real nice sitting/work area with a second TV. Being a preferred member, we get free coffee/tea/juice, morning paper and free internet (cant complain at all!). The staff are very polite and helpful. The hotel has a really nice pool and gym. Highly recommend this hotel when travelling for a conference.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your recommendation of The Omni Shoreham and for choosing us as your home base each year during TRB. It has been our pleasure to host you and your group over the years and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 February 2012

Stayed here for one night while in Washington. The hotel is very big, and historic. The room was fine, very comfortable with a nice bathroom. Had room service breakfast and the food was good. The hotel's location is great, right next to a metro station and in a pretty Woodley Park location. It was winter when I visited but the hotel has beautiful grounds, with pool, and overlooks a large park with hiking trails. I imagine it would be very nice in the summer.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for reviewing your stay at The Omni Shoreham. We are glad that everything from the room, to the food, to the grounds met your expectations and we hope you will return soon!