2,875 results
All reviews air and space museum train tracks national mall l'enfant plaza capitol bistro smithsonian museums rooftop pool great location same block within walking distance government buildings capitol building breakfast buffet cvs pharmacy parking garage hotel restaurant light sleeper
Reviewed 15 July 2016

Great location, parking was $40/nt!!!!!! Restaurant was good, bed was like a brick. The front desk was very friendly but they asked us to change rooms at 10pm, gave us keys to a new room, we went upstairs and packed and then they said we didn't have to move. It was too much drama for a hotel. The rooms are dated and the elevators were completely horrible - we were on 9th floor and it would take 3 times up and down to get to the 9th floor. Very disappointing for the money. Hotel was full and you could tell.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Zack W, Social Media Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2016

Valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to write us a review. I am disappointed to hear about the issue regarding the front desk during your stay. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly throughout your visit, however, and I hope that you return so that we may show you the anomalies you faced are not indicative of our normal levels of service.

Reviewed 15 July 2016

Not the nices people at reception things seam to be to much trouble a smile would be nice ,room staff very good friendly helpful good position to leave for day adventure dinning room all you can eat good food ,good if you can eat some of it as it is very rich had food from menu which was very enjoyable. train line at back off rooms quiet noisy

Room tip: Check position of room go to front a/c noisy
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Zack W, Social Media Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2016

Dianne,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Capitol. We appreciate you taking the time to offer us your feedback. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the Capitol Bistro restaurant and that the staff was very friendly throughout the duration of your stay. We hope you come back to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

Got a wonderful deal on room and we could walk to almost all the major exhibits and the Metro Subway was very close. Our Room was extremely clean the beds were firm the pillows perfect firm and soft to choose from. The bathroom was spacious as well as our room. I really liked staying with them.

Kim,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write us a review. I am pleased to hear that you had a pleasant overall experience and that the comfortability of your room met your standards, as well as our own. We hope that you return to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

This is by far the nicest Holiday Inn I've ever stayed in. Decor is contemporary, rooms were large and clean, and the location was excellent for walking or taking the subway or a cab just about anywhere since it's only a block from the National Mall and the Air & Space Museum. The staff was very good. Rates were very reasonable, especially since we were there over the July 4th holiday. My only complaint is that prices in both restaurants on site were outrageous although one was better than the other. The food was pretty good, better than many hotel restaurants, but we didn't want to spend so much money each day so found plenty of cheaper options nearby. I would definitely stay here again though since the hotel was nice and the location was so good.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Zack W, Social Media Manager at Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Valued guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Capitol. I am pleased to hear that you found the rate for your room to be a great value and that you enjoyed your overall experience with us here in the nation's capital. We appreciate you taking the time to offer us your feedback and we look forward to hosting your next stay in the area.

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

We stayed a weekend in Washington DC, and this hotel was recommended. The hotel was very clean, and they staff was friendly. I was impressed at the room and bathroom quality for the nightly rate. I loved having a Starbucks downstairs and we were able to walk everywhere from the hotel. I took away a star however for parking. We were charged $40 a night which I think is a bit much.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Valued guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your weekend visit to Washington DC. I am glad that you had a pleasant overall experience at our property. We appreciate your feedback and we hope you return to stay with us again in the future.