1,235 results
All reviews sage restaurant great location white house the concierge lounge starbucks downstairs within walking distance smithsonian museums same block ford's theater business hotel spy museum indoor pool central location hotel restaurant per day would definitely stay here again business trip
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This year’s A10 Men’s Basketball tournament was help in Washington DC. We attend for the the whole tournament regardless of how our team does. We stayed at the Metro Center because of its proximity to the Metro and the arena.

The hotel was great, the restaurant (previous review) was fine. They also saved my University hat the I dropped the night before - thank you!

The floor was nice and quite and we even had the opportunity to meet players from a rival school - Davidson - who were fine gentlemen.

Overall a fine experience.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Nice hotel in the perfect DC location - close to the national mall, plenty of shopping and restaurants in downtown/Chinatown, metro station on the corner. Rooms are a bit small, bathrooms are nice. Staff was helpful. The internet is below average which was a problem traveling with two tech dependent kids. Good fitness room, smallish pool.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank restandrelax84
Reviewed 25 March 2018

Hotel is amazing! Even more so is Erick their concierge.. Staying here for business had very early and late nights. Always missing out on the yummy cookies they put out during the day. .Just happened to mention it to Erick. He said he would save us a couple and put them in our room. That night after work, nothing was there...I thought he had forgotten. Then my phone rang Erick had a platter sent up to the room. It was complete with cheese, fruit, crackers, a couple of beers and the famous cookies. So sweet. He went over and above to make me happy! Not only did he send a platter for me, but he sent one to my coworkers room too! Marriott Erick is a keeper!

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank carollippen
Reviewed 23 March 2018

As the header says, this is a top-notch hotel that impressed me in almost every way. Very well located about 15 minutes driving from DCA. Within walking distance of numerous highly-rated restaurants and even the Drumpf Whitehouse. The staff here is polished, and guests are treated with the utmost respect.

After a prompt and cordial check-in, I found myself on the 8th floor in a standard king room with a perfectly acceptable view of the street below. The layout was great – from the bed, night tables, electrical outlets, large LG flat screen TV, pull out desk, and closet-stored ironing board that fit conveniently against the wall out of traffic.

I found the bed absolutely fantastic – like a pillow top high-end Simmons. Need to contact the hotel to find the exact model. I probably would have slept better on my first night if I had shut off the annoyingly noisy ventilation system which Marriot seems to monopolize in USA. Second night was a lot easier.

Bathroom was impeccable. Pristine faucet, terrific Kohler rain shower head, and a toilet with a flush that could probably have sucked down a rhinoceros.

The gym was surprisingly modern. All the equipment was on par if not newer than at my private gym, and there were plenty of unused treadmills. Even the pool was bigger than I expected – allowing for a decent workout of 18 (albeit short) laps with absolutely no competition for swim lanes.

We held an event at the hotel, and it went quite smoothly in the lower level. It was quiet, not too cold or hot, with good lighting and acoustics, and expertly prepared breakfast and lunch. Somebody needs to take a bow for those killer breakfast burritos! Conversely, my room service breakfast on day of departure arrived late and was pretty gross – minimum size coffee was far too big, they forgot the cream, scrambled eggs felt like an instant industrial blend, toast was obligatorily white, and the yogurt parfait was partially congealed. Fortunately, the front desk took off the charge, so I gave Marriott a mulligan on that.

All in all, I would return here in a heartbeat if sent on business. Very little chance I could swing the $400 per night on my own though. I guess you get what you pay for, assuming you can afford it.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
5  Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
TeamMarriott, Manager at Washington Marriott at Metro Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear Cherry_Wonderdog,

Thank you for sharing your glowing review. We are so glad our service and facilities lived up to the expectations you have of Washington Marriott at Metro Center. It was a pleasure serving you, and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Vikas Lalwani
Director of Hotel Operations

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This hotel is very well located for walking to the Smithsonian museums. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very comfortable, as is the bedding. Bottled water is provided in the room - but are priced at $6 each (!!) We were appalled at the price for parking - $51 a night! There's a Starbucks in the hotel lobby, which is great for getting a quick breakfast. Overall, a great place to stay.

Room tip: Street facing rooms are very quiet. We were on the 5th floor and could not hear any street noises.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple