Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Elliott P
Skokie, Illinois

Breathtaking Atrium Lobby

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 24 Aug 2021via mobile
The roomy suites, recreation facilities, and free breakfast of this hotel are all great perks.
However, nothing about the Embassy Suites Chevy Chase is better than the site that meets your eyes as soon as you walk through the door.
Look at that lobby.
That LOBBY!
The stunningly massive indoor atrium features a sun-washed skylight ceiling topping off several breakfast and living spaces amidst eight tiers of balcony hallways. Lest a weary traveler forgets he has just entered the nation’s capital, a three-story-tall American flag hangs from the rafters.
The beds here are wonderfully comfy, as are the three pillows on each bed. Every suite has its own living room, table, bar, microwave, mini fridge, and two large flat-screen TVs. Nice looking wooden floors and local, patriotic artwork create a sleek yet comfortable environment.
The breakfast buffet is closed down for COVID, but I enjoyed the pre-wrapped, sweet blueberry muffins available upon request at the front desk. (The fresh fruit and granola bar on the side were also quite tasty.)
I was told that a pool, jacuzzi, and gym were all located on the premises. Having done a poor job packing for this trip, I sadly neglected to bring both workout clothes and a swimsuit.
I have only two critiques for this hotel. I wish more of the parking cost was included in the rate. Additionally, the wallpaper of my room was peeling in a few spots and needed to be patched up.
I was generally satisfied by the low noise level at night, with bumps from the floor above being the exception and not the rule. All the staff members with whom I interacted were friendly and helpful.
Normally, the Embassy Suites chain fetches a higher rate than other limited service hotels in its area, but in this case it was the cheapest decent hotel in the city. I especially recommend it to anyone visiting the area for Georgetown and American University.
It feels fitting to stay at an Embassy Suites so close to Embassy Row in Washington, D.C. Thank you for a wonderful stay. I will undoubtedly return.
Trip type: Travelled with family
10.9 km from Embassy Suites by Hilton Washington DC Chevy Chase Pavilion
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Washington DC
1,875 results
All reviews friendship heights cheesecake factory metro station front desk evening reception order omelettes american university shopping and restaurants complimentary breakfast the breakfast area hotel is located the sofa bed indoor pool parking garage easy access whole foods love this hotel
Selected filters
Reviewed 19 August 2021

I wish I had read these reviews before I stayed there. I've always had good luck with Embassy Suites in the past and I saw this was a 4 1/2 star rating. Ha. It was nearly abandoned. The furniture was broken and dirty, the bathroom was falling apart. A full garbage bag sat outside a room next door for over a day. The breakfast was a bag with a packaged muffin, goldfish, and water (and the clerk was very defensive "it says on the website we don't have breakfast"). The few guests in the hotel looked like prostitutes--I think the hotel is being used as section 8 housing. Thank god we weren't there long, but it was such a bummer to stay there the night before we dropped our kid off at college. It was gross--I'm hoping whoever is planning a stay there reads this before they do!

2  Thank kathrync477
Reviewed 14 August 2021

Everything was closed , there was no breakfast , all shops that were in the hotel now closed , Starbucks was closed . It was extremely quiet in a bad way . We felt that we were isolated and have nothing to enjoy .

3  Thank ashatt896006
Reviewed 12 August 2021

I stayed four nights at this hotel along with others in a bridal party. I was not told at check-in that there would be no maid service unless I asked for it. My sister informed me. I would have gone to the front desk to ask but I would have had to wait in line - or wait until someone finally came out from another room. There is not someone visible at the front desk at all times.

I will say that when I first arrived at the room, it was clean and seemed to be recently renovated. I was happy with the room. I was not happy with no maid service. I do understand that the hotel may be short staffed because of Covid, but there was no discount for no maid service. Finally, on my third day with no clean towels and trash building up in my room, I flagged down a maid who emptied my trash and gave me clean towels.

Regarding the "breakfast" - You have to stand and wait for someone to come out and help you at the front desk. You will receive a plastic bag with one apple and one pre-packaged muffin, plus a bottle of water.

The coffee pot is located in a conference room. After four days, I realized timing is important. I found cups at one time and no cups at another time. The creamers had run out, the table was littered with trash and spilled powdered creamer.

When I checked in, I will give credit to the staff member. He was very nice - although did not inform me of the "no maid service" issue.

This was my first travel since Covid started. Perhaps other hotels are performing in this same manner? I understand short staffing, but I think guests should be informed of these shortcomings and offered a discount. I do not believe there is an excuse for the mess at the coffee pot.

1  Thank Sonja P
Reviewed 8 August 2021

Good hotel, clean, safety and in convenience location. The service was good.
The room was very comfortable with all I can need. I understand certain limitations about the covid but in general was a good experience.
Next time is very probably to come back.

1  Thank rafaeldelpozo
Reviewed 8 August 2021

Did not come close to the embassy suite standard can do better can’t blame this on COVID I was surprised that housekeeping was limited even if requested-requested I was told that they can provide for 1 day of my 4 day stay a trash bag for garbage and they were not able to provide a trash bag I was just surprised that breakfast was comprised of 1 water bottle 1 apple 1 granola bar and a packaged blue berry muffin

2  Thank traveler1900912021