Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
tranquilraven
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

loved it!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 10 July 2021
Generator was a really cool place to stay as a hostel traveler because it is more of a hotel, but still has dorm options. The lobby is super comfortable & I was able to spend time alone, as well as make new friends. Sitting next to & swimming in the pool felt amazing! That was probably my favorite part about the place. The staff was super nice, too! The only thing I would note is that the bar & full cafe are not open.
Date of stay: July 2021
5.0 of 5 bubblesService
4.0 of 5 bubblesSleep Quality
Responded 29 Oct 2022
Thank you so much for your kind review!

We appreciate your feedback and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We would be grateful if you share your positive feedback.

AU$347
    AU$303
    AU$295
0.7 km from Generator Washington DC
View more hotels in Washington DC
All reviews shared room student group bunk beds fresh towels common areas lounge area clean rooms enjoyed my stay a great stay dupont circle hotel is in a great location fitness center national mall hostel roommates dorm receptionist
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 July 2021

I was in town for the day and this was the perfect place to nap and shower. The staff was great, and accommodating, which made the fact that the pool was closed, and there was no onsite breakfast more palatable. The dorms have solid wood and metal bins that you can put you personal belongings in. Bring a lock though! Bit if you forget, they sell them at the front desk.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Roberto Mancia, Guest Services / Front Office at Generator Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2022

Reviewed 2 July 2021

We were looking for a place to stay in DC that was dog-friendly, and the Generator turned out to be a great place. Our room was lovely and had enough space for a small to mid-sized dog. The location was fantastic with so much within walking distance. The staff were very nice and approachable. Would definitely come back again!

Date of stay: May 2021

Reviewed 1 July 2021

Receptionists don't treat customers fairly. Very bad service. I tried to ask questions about my receipt and why I was charged this amount but they stated to ignore me. I felt that Generator hotel is a scam business.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Allan Bella, General Manager at Generator Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2021

Sorry to hear about your experience Mazin!
We hope you give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2021

Since I just stayed for one night, I have to base my review on one night only.\The room was very quiet with a clean and comfortable bed. There was a great view from the room, also the staff went out of their way to help me when needed.

I would give it a five star, however there was no coffee maker in the room, which surprised me, since I'm used to having my first cup of coffee in bed . The bar and restaurant were closed at the time. However there are beer, wine and some snack food to buy.

Centrally located I would stay there again. I also highly recommend this hotel.

Room tip: For best view pick floor 9.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you so much for the 4 star review of the Generator hotel DC. We are glad that you enjoyed your visit and found the hotel clean and comfortable. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 June 2021

My stay was due to an emergency and the hotel staff was extremely accommodating. The room and facility was extra clean, great amenities, and the proximity to restaurants and retail was fantastic. I would highly recommend this boutique hotel to anyone visiting the area.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for the 5 star review of the Generator DC hotel amgjackson!
We are thrilled you enjoyed your visit and found the hotel clean and fits your needs. We hope to see you again soon.