“Very well worth a visit!”
Review of Kaz Sushi Bistro

Reserve with OpenTable
Kaz Sushi Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #51 of 3,716 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: USD 20 - USD 200
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Description: Since 1999, KAZ Sushi Bistro has been loved by locals as well as people from all over the world. Menu is very unique, from authentic Japanese regional food to one of the kind unique original dishes are served in casual and friendly ambience.
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This place was recommended to me by the concierge of the Sofitel. It is about a 10 minutes walk from The White House. They have delicious combination of sushi, not always common. Try the wagyu nigiri, the soft shell crab (roll) and the lobster nigiri! The restaurant was full and tables are close to each other but that gives a lively athmosphere. I would definitely go back again should I be in Washington DC again!

Edvina I, Guest Relations Manager at Kaz Sushi Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Hi there,
Thank you so much for the feedback. We’re glad to hear you were satisfied with our food and service, and that you enjoyed your visit to our restaurant. It brings us a lot of joy to hear that we left such an amazing impression. We look forward to your next visit and hope it will be soon!

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

It's a super and great restaurant. All food is fresh and tasty. We hope to come agein soon to enjoy more.

Hi there,
Thank you for the excellent feedback. We’re happy to hear you were satisfied with the quality of our food and service, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My friend who has known Kaz for many years treated me to one of the most memorable Omakase experiences I have ever had. We sat at the sushi bar, and Kaz, who is a SSI certified Sake advisor spent some time with us, and I told him that I wanted to learn more about sake because while I know a lot about wine, the world of sake is just as complex and wonderful, and I have much to learn! He was the first chef to bring premium sake to Washington and he gave me my first lesson. He suggested Tedorigawa Yamahai Junmai Silver Mountain Sake, one that can be served at room temperature, hot or cold, a revelation and perfect pairing to the sushi. We had it cold.
The Omakase Sushi experience is one where the finest fish keeps on coming until you say you have had enough! Each offering is served as a pair rather than having individual pieces. I find that this is a way to experience each selection more fully, and it is really more enjoyable. In addition to the fish we also had Japanese scallop, shrimp and uni.
If you love sushi, it doesn't get any better than Kaz, and the sushi bar is the place to have the best experience.

Edvina I, Guest Relations Manager at Kaz Sushi Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2017

Hi there,
Thank you for this wonderful and thoughtful review. It’s great to hear we were able to make your visit to Kaz Sushi Bistro a memorable one and that you had the opportunity to learn more about Sake. We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I ordered a bento box which really was delicious. The eel was fresh and the Salads and sides were excellent. But the service was painfully slow.

Hello,
Thank you for the review. We’re glad to hear you were satisfied with the quality of our food, but sorry that you found our service a bit slow. We apologize for any inconvenience and hope you’ll give us a chance to improve your first impression.
Best,

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My family eats sushi a lot and it is hard to find a place that has high quality fresh ingredients; Kaz has high quality ingredients and creatively prepares them. The sashimi was presented each with a small dash of a unique flavor that complimented the fish species perfectly. The service was friendly and efficient and the prices were fair. I would recommend Kaz to anyone.

Edvina I, Guest Relations Manager at Kaz Sushi Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2017

Dear Scott,
Thank you for the great review and recommendation. We’re glad that we were able to exceed your expectations regarding our food and service. We look forward to your next visit!