“Enjoyed our stay in DC”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Pam B
Burbank, California
“Enjoyed our stay in DC”
Reviewed 28 June 2016 for a stay in March 2016

The home was beautiful, clean, roomy and in a charming neighborhood. There were restaurants and groceries within walking distance. All the houses on the block were painted in bright colors (I believe they're called row houses). We could take an uber, walk or take the metro to the sights. We always felt safe. A really great location and home for a first family trip to DC. We enjoyed relaxing in the home at the end of a long day of the sightseeing. Our teenage daughter and her friend would go off and hang in their bedroom or living room, giving my husband and I plenty of space and quiet time. Ahhhh, so enjoyable. The home felt open and spacious. The hosts were helpful, gracious, and answered all our questions.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Clean, airy, spacious, nice location.
Liked least: NA - It was a treat to stay here.
Travelling group: Teenagers
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
28 Jun 2016
Thanks Pam for your wonderful review!
Rosalinda...
“Fabulous Experience!”
Reviewed 14 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

My husband and I stayed here with my UK cousins (mother, father, and two teenagers). Not only is this place beautiful and well stocked, it's conveniently close to all major DC attractions and Union Station. You can walk to a variety of great restaurants and places to food shop. The owners could not be more helpful. They put our minds at ease by answering every question we had before we came. Then after arriving, they were very helpful when we texted some new questions. Great place with wonderful hospitality.

Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
Ferd W
Montague, Massachusetts
“What an amazing place!”
Reviewed 18 February 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

I stayed here for 3 nights with my wife, daughter and mother-in-law, and it couldn't have worked out better. It is a beautiful immaculate apartment with all the space and amenities one may want. The location is great - really just a few minutes walk to Union Station. You can totally believe the description. The wifi was perfect.
Robert was extremely helpful and flexible: we had to cancel 1 reservation before making one for the right dates; he let us keep luggage there after we checked out; he answered all our questions.
I would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: All the bedrooms and bathrooms
Liked least: If it was comfortably warm downstairs, it was too warm upstairs - opened a window one night.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
TheCosmop...
Ely, United Kingdom
“Beautiful townhouse great locaton”
Reviewed 11 February 2016 for a stay in December 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife, son and I stayed five days over Christmas at this lovely townhouse in Capitol Hill, Washington DC. It is a very spacious two-level 3 bedroom 2 .5 bathroom with large living room and dining room townhouse probably constructed in the late 19th century. The bedrooms are all spacious, and the master bedroom is large. It has been refurbished and beautifully decorated and furnished throughout. The location is within walking distance to the Capitol, Supreme Court, Folger Library and the museums on the East end of the Mall. A well-supplied Giant Supermarket is a 5 minute walk. Bars and restaurants are also nearby. Union Station is literally 3-5 minutes walk away. Even though close to these city conveniences, it is on a quiet tree-lined residential street. The owners were gracious and helpful. I would have no hesitation in recommending it.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
vacatione...
PA
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed 7 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

I am a constant vacation home renter. This was my first time on Flip Key and I was hesitant. When I first saw this review tab, I was saddened that there weren’t any. I was worried about the place. I do not write reviews easily and I am very frank in them because what bothers you may not me and vice versa.

I was unfamiliar with DC and traveling with my family including my husband, parents and three children (infant included). This place called out to us because of how near it was to Union Station which was our hub. We vacationed for one week in July.

Managers: Denisa was amazing! I swear she got back to my every e-mail minutes later. She was helpful and ready for all our needs. When we arrived, we met her daughter, Lorena, another wonderful and extremely helpful woman. This family was wonderful to work with. Not a problem at all!

Location: The house was so easy to get to. GPS did its job! There is a small parking lot in the back, however, we had more than enough room for our large SUV! We didn’t leave much on it anyway :). At one time, there were painters coming through that asked us to move our vehicles (to where!). A lovely neighbor (we always make friends with the neighbors.. good tip!..) lent us one of his spaces as we were leaving for the whole day. The Giant (which was HUGE) was literally a 10 minute beautiful walk, but it HAS A PARKING GARAGE if you want to drive! We took advantage of a few restaurants close by- The Toscana (great manager), a Sports Bar, and Coffee shop. UNION STATION! We were about maybe two blocks away- maybe. It was so great after a long day to return to Union Station and know that your walk is not far!

House: The managers were so gracious to us on arrival. We arrived early and they allowed us to bring in our things and put them out of the way. We then went out to lunch and by then cleaning was finished. It was so kind of them to allow that! It got us all out of the car and we didn’t have to hide! Lorena gave us a tour and we were ready. The kitchen was beautiful: huge fridge, cooking utensils (Denisa: you may want to get a few cooking spoons like wooden ones. It was hard to cook with only one spoon :) easy fix!) Coffee maker, plenty of counter space. Dining room was huge! Great and comfy living room. Down stairs bathroom- clean and normal :) The bedrooms of the house surprisingly large! The closets too! For an older home- I wasn’t expecting this. The beds were quite comfortable with added padding on them. The two upstairs bathrooms were clean and had great water pressure! (That’s the kind of stuff I notice). The air conditioner took some time to cool down. But that wasn’t anything to us. July is hot! And it takes time for the air to catch up. We bring fans on vacation so all the bedrooms had one and did the trick for us, nicely! We brought strollers and scooters to deal with and the house had plenty of room to store them outside. No one bothered them :) The house has LOTS of personal treasures and knick-nacks throughout and with my three little monsters- I quickly put them up before they were touched. I hope I put them back correctly :) The house was decorated with just the right amount of comfy furniture- nice to see. Sometimes houses can be overwhelmed with personal taste. Wi-Fi worked like a champ!

Flip Key worked like a charm! All payments received and documented and security deposit refunded!

This was a great home! And at the price with what you get- it’s a steal!

Liked best: Location!
Liked least: Creaky stairs- but that's style and history :)
Travelling group: Large Group
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing