“Nitro Cold Brew - best iced coffee I've had - really - who knew?”
Review of Compass Coffee

Compass Coffee
Reviewed 11 June 2016

Just sayin' that I've spent 30 years drinking coffee - how many different things can you do to it. I know when it is NOT good and find I've had more buyer's regret recently with all the chains. Walked to the National Building Museum (go go go) at lunch and stopped in here. The nitrogen infusion process, they explained, smooths out the cold brew coffee taste/not bitter - and it is cold brewed so not being cooled down/diluted with ice. They handed it to me - and it LOOKED creamy. I asked if they already put in the milk - no no - that's what it looks like after being infused. Added a little cream and tasted a wake up heaven. The "3pm - it is 90 degrees - need a break from my desk" - heaven. Highly rec you try it. Great location. Plenty of seating. Also superb staff. Explained it all to me. Very fast order process with two people moving the line forward and at least 3 barristas.

Reviewed 9 June 2016

I get off the gallery place chinatown station on purpose now, instead of archives which is closer to my job, so I can stop by here in the mornings. I can't wait for some of the seasonal drinks to show up, but how can you go wrong with Nutella in your Mocha! I would also highly, highly recommend their scones!!

Reviewed 2 June 2016

Very interesting building - very industrial and hip. Coffee excellent, my daughter found this place through a coffee guide. ~Staff training was taking place in a room towards the back of the building while we were there. We asked about a tour and were told that if we book in advance and organise a group this should be no problem. Staff friendly.

Date of visit: May 2016
1  Thank Brillo2
Reviewed 2 June 2016 via mobile

Lots of flavored coffees and beans for sale that are custom ground. A great place to relax, caffeinate, and try something new.

Reviewed 28 May 2016 via mobile

I found this place on Tripadvisor while visiting Washington on a business trip... I ended up returning every morning. While the choice of everything else is limited, the coffee is at its best! The friendly service is also much appreciated!

Date of visit: May 2016