Open today: 11:30 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Interesting place to visit

Capitol Hill Books certainly qualifies as an experience if for no other reason than the overstuffed... read more

Reviewed 17 April 2018
Zach S
Columbia, Missouri
Haven for book lovers

If you are a reader and looking for interesting old books to read. This is the place. The book... read more

Reviewed 30 November 2017

from USD 74.99
from USD 43.00
from USD 64.00
More Info
All reviews book lovers book store bookstore bookshelves topic browse shop basement
Reviewed 15 January 2017 via mobile

Wow! My friend brought me here and the books were just everywhere! They're all pretty organized, but it was overwhelming. I'll have to come back now that I know what to prepare for!

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank QuickWhitTravel
Reviewed 22 December 2016 via mobile

We visited two used bookstores during our visit to D.C. and they couldn't have been more opposite from each other in presentation. This store has certainly accumulated books over time and has a wide range of options for you although I found it difficult to browse given the stacks, how they were categorized, and multiple rows on the bookshelves.

My rating is based on my entire family and not only my rating. I personally would have rated Average over Very Good.

Enjoy your hunt - I am sure you will find a treasure! If you are looking for something specific, ask.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank 175lanai
Reviewed 8 November 2016

AMAZING used bookstore! Books piled as high as you can imagine and in every conceivable surface. The place is an old house, and books are piled up in old kitchen cabinets, in the sink, up the stairs and even in the bathroom! It really is amazing. there's no point going with a specific book in mind as you're unlikely to find it - it's very much just a case of rummaging through the section you're interested in to see what takes your fancy! The guy at the desk (who I presume owns it) has a wicked, dry sense of humour and spent the time making funny comments to people as they came in or purchased books.

Date of experience: October 2016
1  Thank grintoul
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

Absolutely loved this book store. Really could of spent hours in it but I only had about 30 mins before I had reservations for dinner. I collect old cook books and found a great Greek cookbook for a couple bucks . Even better when I opened the cookbook there were two handwritten notecards of family recipes from the old owner of the book- really cool find!

Date of experience: December 2015
Reviewed 7 July 2016 via mobile

It was fun to look around here, but the atmosphere was a little weird. It was cool to see all the books--they were everywhere! Didn't spend very long in here.

Date of experience: July 2016