“Great bar burger”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: I Street between 7th & 8th
Transit: 1 Block north on 7th Street from the Gallery Place Metro (Red Line, Yellow Line, & Green Line).
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Ate here in April. Had a terrific burger in the bar with a glass or two of wine. Couldn't have been better, except for perhaps eating in the restaurant which looked very good.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

After some lunches that my wife enjoyed a lot, we had dinner here before a concert at the Verizon Center a few blocks away. The staff were exceptionally personable and accommodating, inquiring whether we had to make a show, cheerfully moving us when we asked for table that didn't feature a view of the kitchen trash can, explaining the signature fried chicken picnic, taking back oysters that lost their crispness because the salad was put on top of them, and checking often on our satisfaction. The "chicken confit" flatbread and spinach salad were amazingly good, and the fried chicken was the kind great home cooks used to make. According to friends, the rest of the food is equally tasty. We probably will try to find out if they are right.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

Go for lunch. The flatbreads are super delicious. Dinner is ok, but lunch you get more bang for your buck and dinner has almost the same menu items.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I first went to PS 7's for a working Board meeting, and it was delicious food in a contemporary lively space. When my husband and I happened to be in DC for work again, I took him there for a birthday celebration. They gave us a window table as requested, and the service was impeccable. The waiter was knowledgeable but did not hover. Appetizers and mains were excellent (Kobe beef, roast chicken) and a good bottle of wine, with a terrific sticky bun that is a regular on their dessert menu. Extra chocolate dusted marshmallow were a present from PS 7's to the birthday boy. It's pricey (for working stiffs) but worth it for a holiday. The only downside was the noise from the bar. If the dining room had been full, there is no soft lining to absorb the noise. So if you have hearing/noise issues as I do, beware.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I think it's worth re-reviewing PS 7's since it's been quite a while since my last visit. What I love about this restaurant is the excellent service, quality and creativity of the cuisine and the fact that it's quiet enough that you can actually hear your dinner companion. The bar was doing quite a business from the occasional yelps and curses (think intoxicated Capitals hockey fans) but there is enough distance between the two spaces that it didn't impact my meal. Pork sticky buns and chicken and mushroom cigars for starters, followed by the special duck confit ravioli, fried oysters and amazing spinach salad with bacon and feta ensured we walked away satisfied. The cocktail list is always evolving - love the Punch of the Day and the Smashberry. No room for dessert this visit but we'll be back soon!