“Great lunch spot”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: I Street between 7th & 8th
Transit: 1 Block north on 7th Street from the Gallery Place Metro (Red Line, Yellow Line, & Green Line).
Reviewed 16 June 2012

Go for lunch. The flatbreads are super delicious. Dinner is ok, but lunch you get more bang for your buck and dinner has almost the same menu items.

Reviewed 7 May 2012

I first went to PS 7's for a working Board meeting, and it was delicious food in a contemporary lively space. When my husband and I happened to be in DC for work again, I took him there for a birthday celebration. They gave us a window table as requested, and the service was impeccable. The waiter was knowledgeable but did not hover. Appetizers and mains were excellent (Kobe beef, roast chicken) and a good bottle of wine, with a terrific sticky bun that is a regular on their dessert menu. Extra chocolate dusted marshmallow were a present from PS 7's to the birthday boy. It's pricey (for working stiffs) but worth it for a holiday. The only downside was the noise from the bar. If the dining room had been full, there is no soft lining to absorb the noise. So if you have hearing/noise issues as I do, beware.

Reviewed 24 April 2012

I think it's worth re-reviewing PS 7's since it's been quite a while since my last visit. What I love about this restaurant is the excellent service, quality and creativity of the cuisine and the fact that it's quiet enough that you can actually hear your dinner companion. The bar was doing quite a business from the occasional yelps and curses (think intoxicated Capitals hockey fans) but there is enough distance between the two spaces that it didn't impact my meal. Pork sticky buns and chicken and mushroom cigars for starters, followed by the special duck confit ravioli, fried oysters and amazing spinach salad with bacon and feta ensured we walked away satisfied. The cocktail list is always evolving - love the Punch of the Day and the Smashberry. No room for dessert this visit but we'll be back soon!

Reviewed 6 April 2012

Superb service. Lovely atmosphere. Amazing cocktails.
The food was so-so.
Several dishes were extremely salty. Their signature appetizer dish of sticky buns with pork was nothing special.
My husband's Kobe beef dish was over cooked and when the waiter aksed how things were and my husband hesitated slightly, the waiter was already picking the dish up to return it for one properly cooked. The manager apologized & brought an appetizer over for my husband while he waited. So, this was handled nicely by all, but over cooked Kobe shouldn't happen at a high end restaurant.
My boneless chicken breast was cooked to perfection but was salty.

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Yes, it has a lighted menu which frankly makes it harder to see the very very limited menu, maybe thats why they did it, its got some cool swank decor, but honestly It's just lame, service was slow and unattentive, food was blaa, and atmosphere was, well there wasnt any.