“Terrible Service”

Clyde's of Gallery Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Gallery Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 3,322 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G Street
Transit: Gallery Place/ Chinatown metro stop
Description: Located in DC's renowned Penn Quarter district, Clyde's of Gallery Place is an opulent homage to Washington and American sporting, and serves classical American food. This two-story Grand Victorian saloon welcomes sports enthusiasts and concert-goers, visiting tourists, theater-goers and the neighborhood's residents with four bars, five dining rooms, a raw bar and a private dining room. Our Gallery Place location will greet you with a breath-taking staircase and a palatial, museum-like experience complete with sporting sculpture, collectible prints and original works of art featuring sports legends and Washington's own storied history.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My daughter and I dined before a concert at the Verizon Center because the restaurant is conveniently located. With a 6:30 pm reservation and waits in two lines to be seated, our order wasn’t taken until 7:10. Food was fine, though bread basket never made it to the table. Then we couldn’t find our server to pay the bill. The concert started at 7:30. We didn’t get out of the restaurant until 8:30. Our frustration level ruined the experience. Never again.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

A really bust restaurant with lovely decor and food and staff to match
Seated promptly spacious tables lovely waiting staff and really varied and extensive range of foods
Generous but not outrageous portions but everything we ordered was perfect
Nothing to fault
It is not gourmet dining it is well made American fare in a great atmosphere

1  Thank hayesone
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

I've been to Clydes in Gallery Place several times. Service has always been exceptional.

We were there with family including small kids Oct 8th. Server was incredibly accommodating and kind.

Food was really good. Sandwiches, crab cakes, lobster, salmon burger, all ordered and well made.

The crab and artichoke appetizer was incredible. Must try.

The Orange refresher cocktail is really good.

1  Thank crowther1
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Crab patties are good!!! Oyster shot was spicy but good. Service was ok. Also tried the fish and chips.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Clyde's alone and was seated in the bar, so I could watch the football game. The bartender wasn't very service minded and it took me 10 minutes to order a cheeseburger. When it came, it was dry and boring. I wasn't offered any ketchup or mayo to go with it and my fries.
Finished half of the burger and left.
Don't think I'm coming back...

1  Thank Rasmus H