“Dry burger..”

Clyde's of Gallery Place
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Gallery Place is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #186 of 3,666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: G Street
Transit: Gallery Place/ Chinatown metro stop
Description: Located in DC's renowned Penn Quarter district, Clyde's of Gallery Place is an opulent homage to Washington and American sporting, and serves classical American food. This two-story Grand Victorian saloon welcomes sports enthusiasts and concert-goers, visiting tourists, theater-goers and the neighborhood's residents with four bars, five dining rooms, a raw bar and a private dining room. Our Gallery Place location will greet you with a breath-taking staircase and a palatial, museum-like experience complete with sporting sculpture, collectible prints and original works of art featuring sports legends and Washington's own storied history.
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I visited Clyde's alone and was seated in the bar, so I could watch the football game. The bartender wasn't very service minded and it took me 10 minutes to order a cheeseburger. When it came, it was dry and boring. I wasn't offered any ketchup or mayo to go with it and my fries.
Finished half of the burger and left.
Don't think I'm coming back...

1  Thank Rasmus H

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Another winning meal at Clyde's. Fried chicken was extremely tasty and the creme brûlée stood up to the spoon test...meaning it was set just right. Crab soup was delicious and satisfying. Our waitress made us feel like we were sitting in her dining room.

This place is a D.C. trip favorite!!!

1  Thank Adrienne P
Reviewed 1 October 2017

We were visiting friends in Chevy Chase and the wanted to take us to a really nice place for lunch... and took us to Clyde's Gallery Place... the atmosphere and decor was great... the service excellent... and the meal very good... however as we were finishing our lunch and having a great visit... the noise level from the bar continued to rise and finally we were not able to hear each other. It was obvious that there were a number of drunk patrons in a loud discussion or a growing disagreement. Twice we ask servers to do something and both said the told the manager... our server said the bartender was afraid to say anything because they might "tear up the place"... we left very quickly as we had no idea what might happen... Clyde's needs to address these kinds of problems or they will eventually loose their patrons... I can assure you my wife and I will never set foot in another Clyde's restaurant.

1  Thank phila786
Reviewed 26 September 2017

Enjoyed a meeting and meal with colleagues at Clyde's while I was on a recent trip to D.C. The District Fried Chicken with its mumbo sauce is exquisite. We shared the fried calamari (the peppers are HOT and delicious!) and the crab & artichoke dip, a wonderful pairing to start our meal together.

1  Thank Bruce B
Reviewed 21 September 2017

I am a total fan of Clyde's and have been to all but two locations in the DC area and this one is by far the weakest. Yes, it's super awesome that it's attached to the arena, but the service is historically terrible. My last visit was no exception.

Around 10:30 at night, we went for a snack after a concert. It took 10 minutes for a waiter to even acknowledge we were there and even longer to take our order.

It gets worse! A man was seated at the table next to us and I immediately got strange vibes from him. It turns out, he was waiting there to meet a prostitute, who showed up just as our snack was arriving (which came out before my drink). It was so awkward and uncomfortable that we ate as quickly as possible and left. In the short time we were there, we noticed a few other tables with similar couples.... Never knew Clyde's of all places was the popular prostitute meet spot. It was worse than a hotel lobby bar. At least the food was good.

Basically, avoid this place after 10:30 because it becomes a den for prostitutes.

2  Thank KristenMatt2705