“Delicious!!!”
Review of Blue Duck Tavern

Blue Duck Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Duck Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 3,282 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: USD 40 - USD 50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 24 & M Streets NW
Transit: Foggy Bottom Metro Station - Orange and Blue Lines Dupont Circle Metro Station - Red Line
Description: Blue Duck Tavern, a contemporary neighborhood restaurant, invites its guests to gather and celebrate in good taste with a menu focusing on the freshest ingredients available from local purveyors and artisans. The menu notes every farm where the main ingredient for the dish was raised before its journey to the table. Dishes are genuine, time-honored and traditional -- slow roasting in wood embers, braising, preserving and smoking techniques bring the true flavors of America's great, simple and wholesome foods to the Blue Duck Tavern. The restaurant has an elegant residential feel through the open staff pantry and kitchen, wood-burning oven and the showpiece Molteni range.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was there with my bff. We didn't know it was one Michelin Star restaurant. The service was superb as well as the food. Will be back if we are in town. We ordered oyster, bone marrow, foie gras, cod fish, soft shell crab and peach pie! A little much for 2 persons but it was all worth it.

There are newer reviews for Blue Duck Tavern

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm on this perpetual diet. I love good food. Thus the diet. But, for the most part, I'm able to keep portion size reasonable, don't do desserts, etc. Thus my hatred, the chef capably addressing almost all my weaknesses. My wife and I started by splitting a sea bass crudo and a plate of bone marrow. The bone marrow was absolutely amazing. Three large pieces -- real large -- served with thick bread slightly toasted. Oh my. She had one and I had one. But not eat the third? Gobble. Hate. My wife wasn't wild about the sea bass, but that wasn't the sea bass'
fault. I loved it and, despite my wife's small appetite for the dish, the plate left clean. More hate. For a main, I had the best Reuben I have ever had. Unreal house-made pastrami with fantastic house-made slaw. My wife had the seared tuna; again, perfect. We ate outside, which was delightful. The service was impeccable. A great meal, except now I cannot eat anything for a week. (I love this kind of hate.)

3  Thank LoafJugThouTree
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I’ve been here a few times -always pleasant - but will write my review on my most recent experience. I came here for brunch with one of my friends and was delighted by the options on their brunch menu. I’m not a big egg eater which was fine because they had plenty of delicious non-egg options. The food presentation was as imaginative as it was delicious. The best part, however, was our server Nabil. He has such a warm smile and was extremely knowledgeable about the menu. My guest and I stayed long after our last bites because we had much to catch up on. Nabil was gracious and patient. At no time did I get the impression he wanted to rush us out the door so that he could turn the table. OH and DO NOT LEAVE without a bag of sugar cookies to-go. They are lifechanging!

1  Thank AllyM15
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I was there for wine with a friend who is a regular. By the time we left I had sampled the bar atmosphere, the service as well as oysters and a bone marrow presentation that was - without question - the best I've ever had. The staff is closely attentive, but does not hover. The dishes were perfectly presented and seasoned so we always wanted more. I don't usually favor restaurants located in hotels. The Blue Duck is an exception

1  Thank robert S
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

What an amazing restaurant! It is gorgeous with outstanding service and food! It is a must on your D.C. dining list! They even catered to our gluten and dairy free needs without a problem! We will be back!