“United States Department of the Treasury”

United States Department of the Treasury
Reviewed 15 July 2017

In the United States Department of the Treasury the tourist can only see the outside of the building but that is enough to enjoy it.

All reviews
"architecture"
"senator"
"info"

Reviewed 22 June 2017

As fans of the musical Hamilton, seeing the statue of him in front of the Treasury seemed like an easy, quick way to see one of the Hamilton things in DC. However, the area is gated off, so good luck seeing much. Sounds like tours allow you to get closer though, but if you don't want to spend the time and effort (and money?) you're outta luck.

1  Thank Gabrielle F
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I found this tour very interesting. Just seeing pallets of money stacked up was quite a treat. You get a narrated tour that I found quite informative.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

Okay I needed to write this because people need to know. I lived in VA for 20 years and have been to DC about 30 times. The mint tour is only available Monday through Friday and not on holidays. Most tourists are there on the weekends. Us included. Every time we've gone has been on a weekend so we could never do this and were excited to do it. SOOO we tried to get tickets online and you can't. You actually have to show up in person. Apparently they open up for tickets at 8 AM. We left 5:30 AM and got there about 8:20 because we had to find parking so we were a little late. It wouldn't have mattered. I am hearing people were out 5-6 am waiting for tickets and they were sold out 10 min after opening. Tickets are free but you will have to be out there on a weekday super early to get in that day and it might not be till say 3 PM which means, you'll be walking a TON or spending money on a cab twice or parking. Oh and parking could be as high as 35 dollars each time so be aware. A police officer told us they were sold out right after we got out of the parking garage (cool guy from NY gotta love it) he knew already! But he told us we could go in to the "gift shop"/Information center. They had a very very small display (done in 5-10 min) and a very very small set up to buy coins or sterotypical gift shop items. I went to buy my granddaughter this years coin set and guess what? they ran out at 8:30 AM? It's the mint. How does the mint run out of money? LOL Whatever. Would still like to see money being made but I probably will not go back. I will never see that or the White House probably. Tickets for that are similar. BOO.

2  Thank dahoov