1,910 results
All reviewschinatown metro stationthe breakfast areacomplimentary breakfastvalet parkingminute walkbreakfast staffwould stay here againfresh fruitconvenient locationfew blockswithin walking distancesmithsonian museumsfront desk staffstreet noisewhite housesight seeinglobby
Reviewed 4 April 2018

One of the concierge employees intentionally deceived us into thinking it was okay to park up the street with a connection of his. We were taken advantage of. Out $125.00, issued a parking ticket and nearly towed within a couple of minutes. Beware! Terribly disappointing. Goodbye Hampton Inn.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jason D, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello Paul S,

As we previously spoke on this issue on the phone and via e-mail, trying to see if we can get it removed per your request. In the meantime, I will respond to ensure it closed out properly. I do apologize again and hope you give us another chance should you return to the area.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

A fair hotel for DC, but the 2 elevators cannot accommodate the amount of people and the 13 floors. You could not get breakfast without bumping into someone and there are not enough seats to accommodate the guests eating. The staff was friendly, but you could not move in that too small lobby.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jason D, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hello DanielsY6057CB,

I apologize our facility did not meet your needs or expectations. I appreciate you taking the time to review as these help us come up with creative ways to improve our limitations in the future. We do hope you give us another chance should you return to the city in the future. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Great location and value for a trip to the nation's capital. Just a short walk to the Mall, Museums, Movie Theater and the Convention Center. Great local food, cafe's and bakeries in any price range. Mass Ave can be a bit noisy, request a room on the hotel's backside or off of 6th street. Only two elevators so it can be a bit of a wait during busy times.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Jennipher G
Jason D, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Washington, DC - Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Hello Jennipher G,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay as well as a good pointer for those sensitive to noise. We hope you come back to the area again and make us your choice of accommodations while experiencing all of the things the big city has to offer. If you need any help booking or anything feel free to reach out to myself or a member of our team.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

My grandson and I stayed here for a few nights during a visit to Washington DC. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Nice big bathroom and good shower pressure. Breakfast was ok but crowded. My grandson was unable to get through the line for the waffle maker before the breakfast time closed. The eating area is small for the number of rooms, so if you're there during a busy time, beware and allow plenty of time. Overall, staff is nice and accommodating. The location is good for sights and near Chinatown if you like Asian food. Movie theater in walking distance too.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Hello Phyllisblower,

Thank you so much for your review. I do apologize your breakfast experience was not as pleasant as it should be. We try to encourage people to come down earlier when it's not as busy as it does get quite crowded as you said. I'm happy the rest of our amenities and nearby attractions were able to fulfill your needs while visiting the area. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Nice, convenient location. Room was typical of most Hamptons, somewhat dated but comfortable and clean. Spacious bathroom area, mini fridge and microwave. Nice pool and hot tub area on 2nd floor. Drive up area is easy to miss as it was small and somewhat difficult to spit in busy traffic. Valet parking fee is 60.00 per day plus tax, but keep in mind that parking in the city is expensive and hard to find. Could have had an extra window shade to block out city light. Breakfast was adequate, typical of most chains. Gave good rating because the location is great. I was able to walk back and forth to hockey game with my nine year old son and felt very safe. Able to walk to spy museum and ford theatre easily. Did take short uber ride to some museums to save time and to zoo and union station. May have been able to walk more if the weather was warmer. Also, staff was very friendly and helpful. Terri at the front desk was so nice and made us feel at home. Cruz gave us very good directions and helped load our car. He was very nice as was the rest of the staff. I felt as if they truly wanted us to come back. Most importantly, I felt very safe staying with my young son in such a big city. The staff made us feel very comfortable and at home.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family

Hello smprph,

Thank you for your review of your stay with us. I appreciate the detail of our amenities and your experience with us. It certainly helps travelers decide whether or not to book. I'm also happy our staff was able to be so accommodating and made you feel at home especially when you are away from home. We hope you see us again in the future, should you return to the big city.!