“Nice menu and good wine list”
Review of Cafe Milano

Cafe Milano
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Milano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 3,485 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: USD 33 - USD 33
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Cross street: Wisconsin Avenue NW
Transit: Metrobuses # 32, 34, 35 and 36. The closest stop is Wisconsin Avenue and N Street. Foggy Bottom Metro stop, on the Blue/Orange line is the closest Metro stop. The DC Circulator can also be used as an alternative bus option.
Description: Guests savor genuine Southern Coastal Italian cuisine in a setting reminiscent of a stylish Milan boutique. Framed designer scarves adorn the walls in a creative and colorful homage to Italian fashion. The ceiling gives way to coves of hand-painted murals celebrating Italian culture, including the stunning portrait of famed opera singer, Placido Domingo, in the room named in his honor. During warm-weather months, the front wall of floor-to-ceiling windows open onto an outdoor sidewalk patio, adding a touch of Northern Italy to the Georgetown streetscape, creating one of the most sought after dining spots in Washington. Since owner Franco Nuschese blazed onto the DC dining scene over twenty years ago, Cafe Milano has been a power center for diplomats, politicians, journalists, broadcasters, lobbyists, entertainers, and all who enjoy fine Italian food and gracious attentive service.
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Okay so it's a bit pricey but we found the service and food very good. The fish was very well prepared and the veal chops were excellent. Wiine list was comprehensive. Pinot Grigio (I wish I had made a note) was reasonably priced and pretty good. Service was attentive and very personable. It can be a bit noisy if you eat in the window area. Have eaten here twice and would go again.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I went to Café Milano for dinner with my partner and some friends, and felt that the food was outstanding, but the spotty service did not justify the price. I understand how Café Milano has a reputation as being a ‘power players’ restaurant…and it is. It’s a pretty fancy restaurant, with obvious high-class escorts at the bar who trail this sort of business clientele. The restaurant is packed and there isn’t much room to move inside.

The food itself was hit or miss with me. The calamari was only OK, and the ravioli portion size for an entrée was pitiful. However, the Chilean sea bass I had for entrée was very good. (They said that the restaurant does not carry fish knives, though, when I asked for one, which was surprising.) The desserts were inventive.

The service was at time officious and at times lacking. I think that the main waiters and managers are very good at providing personal service, but the wait-staff was a mess. Every other second, they were putting their bodies and hands between people who were talking filling up water glasses when it was not necessary – it was a bit much and got annoying very fast. They folded the napkins when you went to the bathroom, so that’s was a good sign.

I guess I would recommend Café Milano. It’s obviously a tepid endorsement. It’s a very expensive restaurant, and the food is good. It’s more a high-class DC experience as opposed to some must-do foodie restaurant.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I have lived in Rome for years, and Cafe Milano is seriously the best Italian food I have ever had in America. I went last night with my girlfriend, and we were both very pleasantly surprised.

We started with the stuffed zucchini flowers, which was amazing, rivaling the many I had tried in Rome. Then my girlfriend had the tortellini stuffed with cheese and hazelnuts, which was sincerely out of this world! My only complaint about the dish was that the portion was too small. I had the spaghetti with clams, red sauce, garlic, olive oil, red pepper. It was absolutely fantastic. NEVER have I had such good pasta in America. After our main courses, we had the cheese plate which was great considering it was Italian cheese. Each of the three cheeses was distinct and memorable, and were served with an apricot sauce, honey, and walnuts. The dessert was very good as well, though it wasn't particularly memorable.

The atmosphere itself is more formal, but well designed. The staff is attentive, helpful, and friendly. Overall, I can't help but rate Cafe Milano five stars. I will return!

Reviewed 23 May 2012

There is something about the food in Italy that makes it taste fresher than anything outside of that beautiful country. Somehow, the folks at Cafe Milano have captured that taste. Great location, wonderful service and a lively crowd make the experience complete.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

beautiful restaurant in George Town, Reservation is necessary, quite busy place, best for small groups. Risotto and sea food sample stew were great. Fine tuned spices, fresh food and elegant service.