“Saturday brunch”

Clyde's of Georgetown
Reserve with OpenTable
Clyde's of Georgetown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #45 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Cross street: Wisconsin Avenue
Transit: Nearest Metro Stop is Roslyn or Foggy Bottom/GW. Both are a 15-minute walk, or a quick ride on the Circulator (Red Bus), or on the 30, 32, 34, 36 or 38 Metrobus from Foggy Bottom.
Description: Opened in 1963, Clyde's of Georgetown qualifies as an institution. This animated tavern in the heart of Washington's most famous neighborhood popularized saloon food and practically invented Sunday brunch. More than 50 years later, Clyde's continues the tradition, serving classic American cuisine to Georgetown locals and famous faces while passers-by stop in and mingle at the long oak bar. The re-designed interior is an open invitation to the restaurant's life and times with its many travel posters, paintings, and bronze statues. Clyde's of Georgetown remains a Washington classic.
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Clyde's is a staple of Georgetown. It has great variety of lunch and brunch options. The drinks are a little pricey but tasted great. Can't say they have a signature drink that's a must have but the Bloody Mary and coolata we had were tasty. The tuna fish sandwich was good but a little salty. I loved the fresh heirloom tomatoes. The frittata was fresh. They bring you coffee cake for the table. The top layer of sugar seemed over cooked and the cake was dry. It would have been great if we had some coffee.

The wait staff was very friendly and the bathrooms were clean.

There are newer reviews for Clyde's of Georgetown

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Very busy for a Sunday evening, and consequently quite noisy. The food was good, not great. I had the pasta carbonara which was tasty but quite a small portion. My friend had the half roasted chicken which was good but didn't come with very much on the side. On Sundays bottles of wine are half price, which may explain the crowd! Nice, busy, casual. I'd recommend.

Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

Informal, old style restaurant with good food and a lively ambience.
Waitress was attentive, Rosé wine was good but quite expensive compared to the UK.
Suitable for families. We booked as a lot of Georgetown restaurants get very busy.

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We started at the rear bar where the bartender provided excellent attention and helped me select a pre dinner drink ($5 wine by the glass between 5 & 7)!

Then our table waiter continued the excellent service with several great suggestions and top shelf attention! The food was very good especially my duck but everyone in our party of seven was well satisfied!

Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

I met with family at this restaurant for a two o'clock brunch and was impressed with the high quality and reasonable but not excessive portions of the food. The restaurant also had a nice atmosphere to eat in. My only complaint is that the waiter made it obvious that he was trying to turn over our table numerous times throughout the meal. While my overall experience was good and I would strongly consider returning, it was not amazing enough to compel me to return anytime soon.