“Wonderful”

Farmers Fishers Bakers
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmers Fishers Bakers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #173 of 3,556 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: USD 15 - USD 50
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Thomas Jefferson Street, NW
Transit: The closest Metro stop is on the Orange/Blue line at GW/Foggy Bottom station, approximately 8 blocks away, about a 12 minute walk. The red Circulator bus stops in front of The Washington Harbour complex on K St. NW.
Description: Farmers Fishers Bakers is majority owned by the more than 40,000 family farmers of the NDFU. Offering a full bar with 24 beer taps, delicious hand crafted tiki cocktails, sushi, pizza, fresh fish, tacos, and a sunny patio with water views. We're proud to cook food from scratch with ingredients you can trust.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I was pleasantly surprised to find such a decent restaurant in the harbor. Our server was very attentive and friendly. The food was also reasonably priced and tasted delicious & flavorful. Definitely recommended when visiting Georgetown.

Sadao O, Guest Relations Manager at Farmers Fishers Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Hi Will,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write and review Farmers Fishers Bakers. I am thrilled your experience with us was worthy of 5 stars! We always try to provide delicious food, great drinks, and hospitable service - I am delighted this is reflected in your review. We look forward to having you back soon for another yummy meal.

Have a great day!

Sadao

Write a ReviewReviews (1,432)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This place was like a bad Applebee's. Menu is limited. There were 5 of us. All 5 meals were disappointing. Food was like food court food at mall's except at upscale prices : /. This was surprising as the place was recommended by 2 friends as a 'must go' restaurant. Even had food been good, we found the seating as an uncomfortable cafeteria style and restaurant too bright & Loud. Having eaten at ll Canale and Tony & Jo's (next door to FFB), this place came no where near the glorious food at either of those places. We just wanted to leave. Asked for boxes for our food and was only brought back half. We left it at that. Didn't want to deal with it.

Skip this place and go elsewhere. So many other truly delicious places to choose from.

Sadao O, Guest Relations Manager at Farmers Fishers Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Hi there,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write and review Farmers Fishers Bakers. We never want to be compared to a fast food chain or a 'cafeteria' and I am so sorry you felt that way. I am embarrassed to read about your lackluster experience. From the poorly prepared dishes to the uncomfortable seating, it is clear we dropped the ball. I feel terrible this was your first impression of Farmers Fishers Bakers, especially since we were highly recommended by two of your friends and we did not deliver. It is our goal to knock your socks off with every dish and please be assured we read each review and use them to make improvements. We want to make changes so that everything you try ‘WOWS’ you.

That said, I am very eager to continue the conversation in order to understand where we went wrong. If you are willing, please reach out to me at Sadao@farmersrestaurantgroup.com. I look forward to hearing from you and I sincerely hope you will allow us another chance to redeem your view of Farmers Fishers Bakers.

With much appreciation,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was my second time to dine at FFB. It is a fun upbeat restaurant. I like the decor also...the various seating arrangements and it has take out too. Our table had everything from Seafood Jambalaya (seemed more like Paella to me), Clam Chowder (not bad), Spicy Ahi Tuna Poke was tasty and fresh. The Hot Crab Dip shareable was just OK. My daughter loved the Scallop Meuniere and the Spinach, Mushroom and Fennel salad. The nice thing about FFB is that there is something on the menu for everyone in your crowd. Everyone!

Sadao O, Guest Relations Manager at Farmers Fishers Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hello there,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write and review Farmers Fishers Bakers. Your thoughtful review is greatly appreciated. I do apologize for the 'Ok" Spicy Crab Dip and 'not bad' Clam Chowder. We always want to knock your socks off with each and every dish and reviews like yours will help us in the long run to make improvements. We really wanted to create an expansive menu that has something for everyone and I am thrilled this matches your review. I do hope we can have you back soon and thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We really were impressed at the quality of the service. The waitress knew the menu extremely well and could make recommendations or handle substitutions. Asked about food allergies.

We got banana daiquiris and other mixed drinks. Really good flavors and not chintzy with the alcohol. Also recommend the crab artichoke dip -- and the bread it comes with is really fantastic! This was the best part of the meal.

The main courses -- we had pork, shrimp, and littleneck clams -- were fine, just not outstanding. The portions were large and there was enough left to take home if we wanted for another meal.

Would definitely go back and highly recommend but will try different entrees next time.

Sadao O, Guest Relations Manager at Farmers Fishers Bakers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for taking a moment out of your day to write and review Farmers Fishers Bakers. I’m thrilled to read how much you appreciated the delicious food. We really wanted to create an expansive menu that has something for everyone - I am so glad this shined through during your visit. We take dietary restrictions and allergies seriously at all of our locations, so I am delighted our team to the time to ask and walk you through our menu. I do hope we can have you back soon for another great experience!

Have a beautiful day.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

We ate at the bar, the staff were super friendly and knowledgeable and gave us loads of local info.
The wine list is good, the cocktails are great and the food is really tasty.
The restaurant is on the water front and if you follow the river round you get the the Mall. This place was a great introduction to Washington DC

Hi Liane,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your feedback on your recent trip to Farmers Fishers Bakers. I am thrilled your experience was worthy of 5 stars! We appreciate you taking a moment to enjoy our bar and like our kitchen, everything behind our bar is made from scratch. Our Bartenders put in a lot of hard work to create hand-crafted cocktails daily and thank you for seeing the value. I do hope we can have you back soon for another delicious meal and drinks.

Have a brilliant day!