“Excellent and elegant Indian food”
Review of Rasika West End

Rasika West End
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika West End is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 3,342 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: USD 31 - USD 50
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New Hampshire & M Street
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Went on recommendation of a friend while in the DC area. Food was flavorful and modern Indian with some well-executed traditional dishes as well. Would have tried the tasting menu but was there for lunch. Would eat here regularly if I lived in the area. Very welcoming service.

1  Thank JMPTourist

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Went here to celebrate my wife's birthday & Rasika was great as always. Our host was excellent & he took good care of us. We had a large party & besides the Chef's open table being too small, we were able to make it work. All round great experience. I recommend Valet parking to avoid the headaches of DC parking

Reviewed 1 August 2017 via mobile

Absolutely loved it. The service was amazing and the food superb. I went there by myself as I am traveling on business. The seating at the bar was very comfortable.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

A friend raved, and I was dubious. So glad I went. Incredible food! You must try the crunchy spinach and the chicken tikka masala. Rasika was the highlight of my trip.

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

We love good Indian food and enjoyed Rasika for the most part. The andhra chicken curry was tender and delicious with very large chunks of chicken, but the lamb biryani was dry. The naan is excellent. We had two cauliflower sides--I would avoid the deep fried version, but the fresh one was flavorful and addicting. Some things are best left authentic--the sweet potato samosas were too sweet and dry and the sauce was thick and cloying. Service was very good, especially considering how busy they were.