“The Best Crab Cakes”
Review of Legal Sea Foods

Legal Sea Foods
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #151 of 3,719 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: USD 20 - USD 50
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: G Street, N.W.
Description: The signature dish at Legal Sea Foods – really fresh fish. Legal Sea Foods has long proven that a consistent, high quality dining experience never goes out of style. With over 40 varieties of fresh fish and shellfish available throughout the year as well as an award-winning wine list, there’s no doubt why legions of fans have fallen hook, line and sinker. A bipartisan favorite, we have occupied the nation’s capital since 1995, anchored across from the Verizon Center and around the corner from the International Spy Museum, National Portrait Gallery and Chinatown. Make waves at our racetrack-shaped bar or sup on seafood underneath the hull-like ceiling in our restaurant’s main dining room. Either way, be presidential and order a cup of our New England Clam Chowder; it’s been served at every Inauguration since 1981. Other accolades include “Best Place for Great Seafood” (Washingtonian Magazine, 2008) and “Best Crab Cakes” (Washingtonian Magazine, 2008)
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We have been to the locations in ATL, Boston and Summerville and this one did not disappoint. Their crab cakes are very hard to beat.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,096)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Leagal Sea Foods!! Service was excellent and the food was some of the best we had while in DC. I highly recommend it!

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I couldn't wait to take my family here, since I had been to a Legal Seafood in another city. We were not disappointed! My crab stuffed shrimp was amazing and my daughter's order of salmon was huge and great! The real surprise was my grandson's hamburger kids meal, which included fries, grapes and corn on the cob.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

We had dinner before a hockey game, and enjoyed the tuna steak and spicy fish and chips entrees, although the tuna steak was underdone and had to be sent back. The broccoli and cheese, cole slaw, and mashed sweet potato side dishes were all good. Service in the bar before dinner was slow, and neither of the TV's was showing the Washington Nationals Opening Day game. Service was adequate in the main dining room. The restaurant is cramped and the ambiance is below the Legal Sea Foods standard that can be found in other locations. .

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I ate here on March 23rd. We both ordered the Louisiana Catfish Matrimony, it was amazing! I normally don’t order catfish but this was the best we both had ever had. The service was great too. We will eat there again next time we are in DC.