See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 23 January 2017

The hostel was generally clean and the location good, yet many aspects made the stay unpleasant. Nobody was at the counter until 1 PM on the weekends such that new visitors couldn't access. No paper towels the first day. No separation between men and women in the only available combined restroom/shower room. No natural light in the 4-bed room I stayed in. Wireless too weak to work in the kitchen area. No breakfast for a very high base price. It's not the hostel's fault, but there is a night club close by which was very loud the two nights I stayed there. All in all, only an emergency option.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2016

My flight was late and the train too, I went to the Hostel around 12 am, and after almost 2 hours calling the numbers of the hostel and almost freezing outside with 50 ªF the maintenance employee answered the phone , he join us in a few minutes and he was with his boss (the owner of the hostel) drinking in the bar next to the hostel, the owner was so drunk he didnt want to open us the hostel to give us our room, we had to walk almost 10 block at 3 am trying to find another hostel .
PLEASE, DO NOT GO THERE !!!!

Room Tip: I better to stay in another Hostel !!!
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2016

Poor customer service. No night-time front desk attendant. I asked if the attendant could print a 3 page document and I would pay. There is a printer in the office. It was a nonconfidential document. He said no. My bus arrived later than originally planned and I had to wait at Union Station overnight because no one could check me in. I was not refunded. Crazy poor bathroom. Co-ed shower with bathroom stalls an only option.

Room Tip: Pay attention to overall ratings and individual policies.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 July 2016

Travellers, this IS a HOSTEL!! The prices are extremely reasonable. I booked initially for 4 days this past weekend in a 4 bed room, but ended up staying for a 5th. The staff was very cordial, especially the older gentleman that checked me in. He was welcoming in a natural sort of way, which immediately put me at ease. My request due to recent surgery was a lower bunk, and that was granted without hesitation. There was a bed, sheets, towel, TV in my room (104), the bathroom was 2 stalls and 2 showers (mixed use as women and men had to share). Each of my room mates was fine (you ARE sharing with strangers from all over that may wake up early, or come back rally late, wake you up unintentionally, or snore a bit (BUT THIS IS A HOSTEL where you may HAVE to share with others). The guests were really diverse: young and old, people from Korea, Egypt, Mexico, other States, and me the New YAWKER!!! There was a kitchen with lockers, washers, dryer, table, fridge, utensils etc. The lobby was simple with a TV and vending machine and wi-fi. No free coffee in the morning while I was there due to a broken pot before I got there, but SO WHAT, right around the corner from the hostel is a 24 hour 7-11 !!!! The area is Shaw/ Howard University, not the most chic area, but it's an historically lower middle class area with some Young professionals and College students mixed in (due to Howard's campus nearby, and its on a major street (7th). The Metro train was 2 blocks away, and buses ran north and south along 7th Street. There's a club and restaurant next door, but I NEVER noticed loud noise or music or rowdy people being intrusive. YES, I would stay here again.........the great price, basic amenities, efficient staff is all I wanted from this place, and that's what I got. For what I paid HERE and GOT here for 5 days would normally cost me what I would pay for A NIGHT staying in a traditional hotel elsewhere, like DuPont Circle or Foggy Bottom or near MetroCenter and have "luxuries" that I really didn't need!!!!

Room Tip: There are basic dorm-style, air-conditioned rooms. This is a hostel, take what is available for this price and value!!!
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank TLeongnyc
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Unprofessional, bad service, no education at all, didnt reply any emails sent before arribal at the hostel, no towels didnt even bother to try to get them for us, manager was insulting a lady and calling her names at the reception.

Bottom line not worth the money unleast ur really desperate and cant find a place to stay.

Stayed: May 2016