“Worst houka place ”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th and K St
Transit: One block from the McPhearson Square Metro on the Orange and Blue Line; K Street Circulator and Metro bus lines stops are right in front.
Description: formerly called Lima
Reviewed 13 September 2014 via mobile

I tried the houka in this place it test so bad price so high for what u get it is just an bad experience am a houka fan and I smoke it every place I go
It cost 40 dollar in this place the tobacco type is the cheapest and the test it's just bad
I don't recommend it

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Super fun restaurant that we stumbled upon after trying to dine in a below average sushi joint. It's pricey but the food was delish, our server was fairly attentive (until the end, when we wanted our bill) Great seat by the window. The downstairs seems to have a lively bar scene but it was late and we were not looking for that. There is also a club in the basement and the music started and it was LOUD. It is definitely fun and I thought the food was terrific.

Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Wife suggested we try something using a Groupon. Again, skeptical but willing to try a new place. Thanks to Groupon, we found this very nice sushi restaurant with very good service. Our server Krisztina made excellent recommendations for rolls and even desserts, she was attentive and a delight. Loved our window seat for 2 overlooking the park. Best of all, the sushi was very good and just the right amount of spice for me. Love the way they handle the wasabi...more fluid and easier to use than a clump of green. Dessert was a spicy peach with caramelized sugar and ice cream. We went because of Groupon, we will return because it was so good.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

Looking for awesome late night Sushi followed by drinks/dancing?! You can't miss with Fujimar! Along with better than excellent service, a great fun atmosphere that I can definitely recommend without reservation! I rarely experience this level of professionalism and hospitality from restaurant/club personnel - across the board!!!

Reviewed 19 December 2013

My partner and I went to Fujimar for a date night, and overall, I felt that while the food was pretty tasty, the service and atmosphere were very poor.

We had been to Fujimar before, and we decided to go again because we had a Gilt City voucher. While I was able to make a reservation for Fujimar on OpenTable, when we got there, they said it wasn't open and only the downstairs bar of Lima was open for food. It was kind of confusing, especially since both of them use the same kitchen and chefs. They originally didn't want to take our voucher, but we weren't about to back down since we had a valid reservation. Ultimately, we got the lobster and Kobe beef roll, and then also we got the "slap slap" role, which was shrimp and crab. I mean, the lobster roll was $25, so while it was tasty, that's a steep price for a sushi roll with all the other roles more in the low to mid teens. The shrimp roll was pretty forgettable, that's for sure. We also got the beef empanadas, which were actually rather tasty and definitely recommended.

I will say the service and atmosphere at Fujimar were very lackluster. Our server seemed very haphazard and clueless. Because technically we were at the Lima part of this building, I think this is just a waitress used to serving bottles at a nightclub, even though it was only 8PM. All the glassware seemed very cheap and plastic, and had spots from the dishwasher everywhere. The actual Fujimar upstairs that we had been to before had a nice vibe, if a bit too trendy, but Lima downstairs was pretty atrocious.

I think with so many sushi options in DC, I would skip Fujimar.