“Excelent service and delicious cocktails”
Review of Fujimar - CLOSED

Fujimar
Price range: USD 30 - USD 30
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th and K St
Transit: One block from the McPhearson Square Metro on the Orange and Blue Line; K Street Circulator and Metro bus lines stops are right in front.
Description: formerly called Lima
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Excelent service and delicious cocktails and a nice view
Creative kitchen and good presentation of the food

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Hipster is not my thing, but good food is. The menu of this sleek Asian/Latin fusion restaurant has lots of choices, both food and cocktails. For an appetizer, we had the ceviche sampler and best guacamole I've ever had outside the Southwest. For entrees we had salmon and steak. The waiter knew his menu and gave good suggestions. Would eat here regularly if I lived in DC.

Reviewed 22 December 2012

After having a difficult time getting a table at the Park on 14th, my friend and I wandered over to Fujimar. We were seated at one of the high-top tables near the bar for dinner which required a credit card to "secure the table" (???).

The server was unable to answer my questions about a specific dish but she found an almost over-enthusiastic colleague to help. I had the sea bass. The presentation was nondescript and the bass was actually overcooked, giving it an almost meaty consistency. The pureed malanga (which the server insisted was yuca) that accompanied was fairly flavorful but nothing special.

I had previously been to this restaurant when it was Lima and recall that the food was tastier.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had an entree here that I wasn't too thrilled about, but the Sushi and drinks were really good. I really like the atmosphere of the place. Try out the sushi. You won't be disappointed. They set up an area outside with heaters for the winter time. Really cool place.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

One of the top sushi places in DC. The ceviche is amazing along with the hand rolls and nigiri. Everything is fresh and plated perfectly. Have the bartender, Thiago, whip one of his specialty cocktails.

Definitely should be on your list if you're looking for great sushi and a modern, hip scene.