“Great Sushi”

Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 14th and K St
Transit: One block from the McPhearson Square Metro on the Orange and Blue Line; K Street Circulator and Metro bus lines stops are right in front.
Description: formerly called Lima
Reviewed 5 November 2012

I had an entree here that I wasn't too thrilled about, but the Sushi and drinks were really good. I really like the atmosphere of the place. Try out the sushi. You won't be disappointed. They set up an area outside with heaters for the winter time. Really cool place.

Reviewed 16 October 2012

One of the top sushi places in DC. The ceviche is amazing along with the hand rolls and nigiri. Everything is fresh and plated perfectly. Have the bartender, Thiago, whip one of his specialty cocktails.

Definitely should be on your list if you're looking for great sushi and a modern, hip scene.

Reviewed 14 October 2012

I chose this place because of its ceviche. If you are a fan of it, then you won't be disappointed. They have about 5 or 6 different varieties - the tuna being off the chart awesome in addition to the conventional lemon-based white fish. We didn't try anything else, so all I can comment on is the ceviche. The atmosphere is very hip - try to sit upstairs in the bar area, since that seems to be the most exciting place. At night, there's the dance club "Lima" in the basement, if you desire to extend your Latin evening.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

My husband and I had dinner at Fujimar. Fujimar is a Peruvian-Japanese fusion restaurant. WSe had a 3 course living social deal plus we ordeed a few other things. Some of hte food was outstanding and some was eh. The raw sushi is outstanding, buttery and tender. All the food was very good quality. The rolls with cooked fish are not as good -- they are overwhelmed by sauce so I don't recommend those. My husband had a martini with homemade vermouth -- that waas outstanding, and the roasted brussel sprouts were also very good. The grilled calamari was perfectly cooked but the again, I thought the sauce was a little too strong for the delicate squid. We had the poached pear for dessert - delicious and beautifully presented. I would go back but I'd choose dishses carefully.

1  Thank ShaniDC
Reviewed 17 August 2012

A group of 4 of us went there last night to try the restaurant for the first time, as I had sampled their food at Chef's Best fundraiser earlier this summer and took a note of the restaurant info.
The experience validated my hopes; it was a fun night, great environment, impeccable service and the food that was exceptional. I would call the food latin-infused asian.

Bravo! We will be back.