“Good for a fast lunch”
Review of Pret A Manger

Pret A Manger
Ranked #301 of 3,705 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Deli
Description: This is a new location in DC. Only a few blocks from the white house. Great for lunch on the go and tourists looking for a simple quick meal. Would be a restaurant familiar to many folks in the UK.
Reviewed 22 September 2018

2nd location for this chain I have tried. The food is good, regardless of what you get, but not as cheap as traditional fast food. The selection is good, both hot and cold and the staff are friendly and helpful. Small dine in area for eat in. Like it

Reviewed 22 September 2018

I like Pret and used to have one near my office across town. This location is usually pretty empty, but with lots of trash and refuse laying around. The staff is indifferent, but the food is still pretty good, but I do not like going there.

Reviewed 23 August 2018

Pret a Manger was founded in the United Kingdom and is a British sandwich shop with a difference in that it produces the type of sandwiches that are more common in a French café. It has been a great success and its great value for money. In our recent trip to Washington we were surprised to find Pret and so decided to have a quick bite at lunch time before continuing our sight-seeing of the Capital. After purchasing a number of items for lunch, we sat down in a quiet part of the store to enjoy our lunch. At around 13:15 hours, Ms Delores (Ms Delores), one of the staff of the shop, started sweeping the floor around our table very vigorously and thereby creating a great deal of dust.

I requested Ms Delores to stop sweeping the floor so vigorously as it was spoiling our lunch but she just ignored me and instead came back to our area to sweep around our table yet again, increasing the dust swirling around in the air.

Ms Delores continued to informed us that she had to do this as an inspection team was about to descend on the shop. I continued to ask her to stop sweeping the floor but she just ignored me and continued her vigorous sweeping.

I then asked to see the Manager to make a formal complaint. Ms Delores informed me that the Manager, Ms Kristina Curic (Ms Curic), was unavailable because she was in another part of the store.

A few minutes later, after enquiring from the people on the serving counter where the Manager was, I finally managed to speak with Ms Curic. I informed her of that the vigorous and unhygienic sweeping that Ms Delores did around our table had spoilt our lunch. It was clear that Ms Curic did not seem to comprehend what the problem was and did not make any comments or apologise for the behaviour of Ms Delores except to state that the store was in an old building and it had to be kept clean.

I then repeated to Ms Curic that it was unacceptable to have so much dust swept into the air while people were having lunch. Ms Curic then started shouting at me and opened her eyes stating that there was no problem. I then requested a complaint form which I filled out and put in in the complaints box.
As I stated at the beginning, over the last 25 years we have been to many Prets in the United Kingdom but have never experienced such unacceptable behaviour by any of staff. . On the contrary, the service has always been courteous and professional without anybody sweeping the floor while people are eating. The next day, we went to another Pret at 1701 K Street and had the usual professional service that can be found in all prets that I’ve visited over the years.

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

I bought take out for a friend that was sick and she absolutely loved the Mexican chicken soup. All the soup options are very good and they have a good selection of sandwiches and wraps plus small plates. I like the flavor combinations although is a little bit on the pricey side

Reviewed 2 August 2018 via mobile

I was a major Starbucks person then got my own Espresso Machine. I have moved into coffee snob. This place is average I would rather just go to Starbucks, nothing special here; I don’t even believe they pull shots properly.