“Great food and friendly service”
Review of Momoyama Sushi

Momoyama Sushi
Ranked #701 of 3,666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 26 February 2017 via mobile

Momoyama is a hole in the wall, but has really good food and a friendly staff. The bulgogi buns are fantastic, as is the sushi. The lunch bento boxes are also great - they don't skimp on the food, and it's all good. In nice weather, they have outdoor seating, too. I go frequently as its pretty close to my work. I'm glad to have it nearby!

Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Because of he inauguration, I had such a time finding parking, even got locked in the parking garage for 30 minutes. The extremely friendly fast service, beautiful presentation and absolutely delicious food made it all worth it in the end. The Lucille Ball adventure to get here made it all the more fun since the food is so good.

I tried the Momo Box Combo. The price is very reasonable as well.

When you are in DC stop by

Reviewed 16 January 2017

Their menu is simple and comprehensive. It has also lunch boxes. The prices were good and the sushi that we ordered was delicious. We would prefer it a little bit colder! I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 15 December 2016

I was looking for a simple place with good food, and that's exactly what I found at Momoyama. The staff (I presume husband and wife) were very very nice and efficient. The food was excellent. I went there twice during the week so it was rather quiet and the service was extremely fast. To top it all off, the prices were very reasonable, especially for that area where most other places felt overpriced.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

I passed this place overy the summer so when it came up as a 9 minute walk from the court hour, once we were given a 90 minute lunch break before jury selection, I headed over here for sushi on a Thursday afternoon in December. It's really small; there are tables with seating for 12, 3 or 4 seats at the sushi bar, and then maybe 5 seats at the window bar. They have outdoor seating when the weather is nice and you enter in front of a staircase so maybe there is additional seating upstairs. I loved my food and the prices are fairly comparable for Capitol Hill - they are what a local or other city dweller might expect and might be a little high for a tourist or family. The service was friendly and I received my sushi fairly quickly. No complaints really and I'd come back here again. I doubt I'd find any parking, but it's a nice hidden gem on a small backstreet...probably most known to people who work in this area.