“Simple and cozy setting”
Review of Momoyama Sushi

Momoyama Sushi
Ranked #700 of 3,662 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 15 December 2016

I was looking for a simple place with good food, and that's exactly what I found at Momoyama. The staff (I presume husband and wife) were very very nice and efficient. The food was excellent. I went there twice during the week so it was rather quiet and the service was extremely fast. To top it all off, the prices were very reasonable, especially for that area where most other places felt overpriced.

Reviewed 9 December 2016 via mobile

I passed this place overy the summer so when it came up as a 9 minute walk from the court hour, once we were given a 90 minute lunch break before jury selection, I headed over here for sushi on a Thursday afternoon in December. It's really small; there are tables with seating for 12, 3 or 4 seats at the sushi bar, and then maybe 5 seats at the window bar. They have outdoor seating when the weather is nice and you enter in front of a staircase so maybe there is additional seating upstairs. I loved my food and the prices are fairly comparable for Capitol Hill - they are what a local or other city dweller might expect and might be a little high for a tourist or family. The service was friendly and I received my sushi fairly quickly. No complaints really and I'd come back here again. I doubt I'd find any parking, but it's a nice hidden gem on a small backstreet...probably most known to people who work in this area.

Reviewed 22 November 2016

The down and dirty - excellent sushi.
The down and dirtier - it's tiny, understaffed, and very very Japanese.
We came on a Saturday night and were happy that it wasn't busy.
There are only 7 - two seater tables and a sushi bar with a half dozen seats.
Seriously tiny.
It was staffed by a Japanese couple - he hosted and served - she cooks.
Good assortment of Japanese typical menu. Specialty sushi rolls priced higher than I am used to, but it is D-town DC.
Everything I ordered was great. Sashimi, traditional rolls, and even the hand rolled special (think sushi ice cream cone of fish) was really flavorful and good.
They were out of chicken and beef teriyaki, which was a bummer for my dinner mate.
Settled on the chicken Katsu, which was prepared well and had a really snazzy dipping sauce.
Standard pickled ginger and instant wasabi (meh...)
Other folks who came in after us seemed also pleased.
Just be patient, service is understandably slow.
Good location near the mall. No parking. A few outside seats - but not this time of year.

Reviewed 30 August 2016

We ate here twice. The staff are lovely, the sushi is very good and the lunchtime menu is very good value. There's an outside space which is probably quite nice when Washington isn't on a par with the surface of the sun.

Reviewed 22 July 2016 via mobile

We needed a reasonably priced place close to our hotel. Located this reataurant nearby, and am very happy with our experience. It was a good, solid dinner. Quaint place, with polite staff. Fit our tummy and pocketboom needs perfectly.