“great coffee, simple place”
Review of Qualia Coffee

Qualia Coffee
Ranked #48 of 166 Coffee & Tea in Washington DC
Reviewed 8 August 2015

Great coffee. Not pretentious. Simple. Charming. Perhaps not the most comfortable place to sit and work for hours (although they do have seating upstairs that is a bit secluded), but it is a great place to relax and have seriously great coffee.

Reviewed 23 April 2015

I have been going through online rankings of DC coffee shoppes, and saw Qualia was nearby. I decided to walk over one afternoon to check out their caffienated offerings. Qualia is just a block or two from the Petworth Metro stop, situated in a cozy townhouse. When I arrived I noticed a handful of people diligently working on their computers and doing a bit of light reading. I was immediately greeted by the barista and quickly glanced through their menu.

I noticed all sorts of various coffee beans with differing origins - finally settling on a cold brew on a warm spring afternoon. I still do wish more coffee shoppes would offer Stevia Sweeteners. Overall, good value for a strong cup of cold brew. I was in and out, but from what I experienced, I would come back again.

Reviewed 20 October 2014

Have not been here for a while, and come back for coffee and naughty Maple Pecan Scone. I also like the back patio where my dog can hang out. The owner is dog friendly. Although this is a small coffee joint, there is comfy sofa inside, and there are a few chairs at the front also. What is nice is also the place roast it's own coffee beans. It does not do favors coffee so no mocha, but all is good. I love this place in my hood. Service is friendly could be slow sometimes, but I still love it.

Reviewed 5 October 2014

Great latte. Great people watching. Out back it feels like Berkeley, in a good way. The staff is terrific. Even if it your first time there, you will feel at home. There are some other goodies; and you can buy beans.

1  Thank sculler-in-charge
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Nice little oasis near the Georgia Ave/Petsworth Metro. Great place to sit and relax or get some studying done. I just had the coffee of the day and sat down by the street, a $2 break.

1  Thank Zachary L