“Delicious, fast, good service”

Burger Tap & Shake Foggy Bottom
Ranked #34 of 3,337 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Reviewed 13 August 2017

One of the best meals I had on my trip. I ate at the bar where service was fast and friendly. I had a bison burger that was on special (cooked perfectly) and a Talledega Nights boozy shake, which was a thing of beauty. I was sorry that I did not have the chance to come back here, but I had a long list of places to try!

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I had a bacon cheeseburger with avocado. The burger is a good size, and deliciously seasoned. The sweet potato fries were a good side, although I could not finish all of them after the burger. You can taste the beer so you know what you are getting, they have several on tap. I had the Allagash White. Perfect with the burger and fries.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

The sides are to die for - perfect sweet potato chips and excellent onion rings (they are Huge!). Plus, it is open late and serves beer - what's not to like? Really pretty excellent little place. Food quality is very good for the money. It is busy all hours, and into the night, and for good reason! High recommended by locals (me!)

Reviewed 5 August 2017 via mobile

After a late night arrival in DC on the weekend, we trawled the streets looking for late night eats....a bouncer recommended BTS...wow...what a place....Burgers sensational....kids in heaven with the shakes & I was in a stupor just trying to work my way round some of the fabulous craft beers....throw in some great brownies & blondies...so good we had to get some take out Blondies...fabulous meal, great atmosphere over Halloween weekend & great service!!

Reviewed 1 August 2017

This place was just wow! I had the Big Daddy burger, that's Beef with Smoked Benton Bacon, Buttermilk Blue Cheese, Lea & Perrins Mushrooms (which I substituted for caramelized onions), AP Sauce. That was one of the best burgers I've ever had in my life! The bacon was like chunky pieces of pork belly, it was crunchy and just amazing! The meat was juicy and the cheese and sauces just complemented the burger beautifully. The fries were perfectly cooked and I topped everything with a delicious cold beer. I was in heaven! I fully recommend this place if you're looking for an affordable late night meal.