“macaroons and cupcakes -what is the choice?”
Review of The Sweet Lobby

The Sweet Lobby
Ranked #37 of 62 Bakeries in Washington DC
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed 5 September 2017

yummy is the only way to describe this place. a wide variety of macaroons to choose from, and equally a good selection of cupcakes. Selections change every day, and early in the day is best to visit for all the options. I visit whenever in town, since it across from the Eastern Market Metro stop - so easy to get there and back from wherever you are staying.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

First thank you for offering a vegan cupcake. I really which you had more vegan options because it was Delicious. So light and fluffy. My purpose for coming was to purchase cupcakes for my best friend birthday. She is not dairy free but I am. So thank you for such yumminess. She agreed even your tradition cupcakes were.so light and fluffy. Excellent excellent excellent (more vegan for me please )

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We were here on 1 July late in the morning. At that hour, some listed items had already sold out.
I had a chocolate cupcake with chopped hazelnuts on top. This was the moistest cupcake I've ever had from a bakery - superb.
My friend had the green tea cupcake and was similarly impressed.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

Georgetown gets all the hype, but this place has all the flavor. Moist cupcakes with complex flavors. We had the red dragon cupcake - it had fudge chunks, a subtle taste of orange and a kick of chili pepper. The caramel apple had plentiful apples chunks. The cheesecake cupcakes are not to be missed. We tried 5 different cupcakes and enjoyed them all. Best of all - no line!

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

I am not sure that this place could be any smaller. You would think if they one on cupcake wars they might have put some of the prize money and prestige to a slightly larger, more easy to find location. Either way, the cupcakes and macaroons were decent though nothing to write home about. The only reason I am bothering to write a review at all, is the gentleman who was working there this past week was very unfriendly and unhelpful. He did not seem to be interested in interacting with customers and was very abrupt bordering on rude throughout our transaction. If you're in the Capitol Hill area, you may want to find some other way to satisfy your sweet tooth unless you like abrupt customer service.