1,198 results
All reviews spy museum gordon biersch bank building shake shack great location courtyard marriott typical courtyard white house within walking distance breakfast downstairs national archives penn quarter washington convention center hot tub valet parking few blocks would definitely stay here again
Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

It’s pretty basic but clean and tidy, nice old building, virtually no foyer to speak of just a reception desk. The room I had was basic, the bed was just ok, has lots of power points, very basic toiletry amenities, soap and moisturizer that’s about it. Coffee pods and packets of sugar and Whitener, o actual milk or cream. Odd bathroom setup with toilet and bath in a separate room and washbasin in an alcove is the main room. There is a restaurant you can enter through the foyer which is a German beer place with a decent casual menu, but it isn’t connected to the hotel and you can’t charge to the room. The breakfast restaurant downstairs is dismal and very limited, don’t bother, go and get something outside. It’s just basic, if you get a good deal and get the room cheap then go for it, but don’t overpay or you will be disappointed. The staff are helpful although not really cheerful and get the job done but it’s clear it’s just a job.

Stayed: September 2018
1  Thank Andrew W
KarenM9548, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Washington Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2018

Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Courtyard Washington Convention Center with us. It is through honest feedback that we are able to improve upon the experience provided to our valued guests.

It was brought to my attention, that during your recent stay we fell short of meeting your expectations on a few occasions. The information provided on your review has been shared with the Operations Manager who joins me in not only offering our sincere apologies for the teams’ shortcomings, but our commitment to resolving these issues in order to improve our guest's experiences.

Although we fell short of meeting your expectations, I hope you will consider Courtyard Washington Convention Center on your next visit to Washington so that we can deliver on the guest experience you deserve.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

The good seemed to be the front desk. We got into our room about 4 hours before check in time. That was great and appreciated. The hotel is getting a little worn out. The shower/tub had some mold/mildew in 3 of the 4 corners and our AC unit was pretty noisy during our stay. The pool area was always messy with towels thrown all around the pool area and no one seemed to care. I sat in the hot tub twice and saw no less than 10 employees in that basement area and never did one come and clean up the pool area. The pool towels were way too small so it took 4-6 of these mini towels to dry off. Also the digital clock in the workout room by the pool is about 30 minutes fast. That is just stupid and lazy not to notice and fix it. I would stay here again based on the location but only if I had read that the hotel got a renovation. It needs a face lift.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear George2269Raleigh_NC,

Reviewed 28 August 2018

Hotel is in an older building but well maintained. Our room was large and spacious. The hotel is in a great location if you are attending an event at the Capital One Center, withing a short walk. Would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Great location for sightseeing. Centrally located to all the main sites.Most places walkable but rides readily available. Clean facilities. Limited food in hotel.Pool small but satisfied my son in between tours. Could use a basic breakfast option.

Stayed: August 2018
Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

I had an awesome time here the location is absolutely perfect and the price better! Had an excellent and because the location was do good decide to stay another night. The staff was so friendly and professional. My family came from Puerto Rico and ejoy every minute of it. Its a business hotel dont expect a fancy pool or fancy jacuzzi bath the purpose of this hotel its to sleep and explore the surroundings or do business. Everything clean the only complain its the valet its sooo freaking expensive $50 per night I understand its Washington but geez it a killer thing plus people that come from a roadtrip barely knowing WA this are kind the only options for a safe parking place. Besides that everything perfect.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family