“Great way to see the city!”

Bike the Big Capital
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike the Big Capital offers outstanding professional bike excursions. Far more than a standard DC tour, our expert guides take you safely beyond the Mall to see the most fascinating neighborhoods "off the beaten path."
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great way to see the city!”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Bike the Big Capital is by far the best D.C. city tour I have ever done! The bikes were comfortable and the guides were incredibly knowledgeable. What was most fun about this tour was that you really get a lot of the history of the city and you get see some of the hidden gems that most tours do not cover. In the five years that I have lived in the area and been touring this city, I have never learned so much about its rich history and culture than I did with Bike the Big Capital. I would highly recommend this tour!

Visited June 2011

Washington, DC
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way to see a new city or explore a familiar one!”
Reviewed 27 June 2011

Most worthwhile bike tour I've ever taken! "Bike the Big Apple" has opened up in DC under the name "Bike the Big Capital."

The guides are super friendly and seriously knowledgeable AND passionate about biking and their cities. I'd heard about Bike the Big Capital from friends in NYC, and since I now live in DC, figured I'd give it a chance. Had a fabulous day with a few friends. We were led from Crystal City (where we rented the bikes), into DC, past the White House, Ford's Theater, and into neighborhoods I'd never known about.

By providing really interesting insights into the buildings and neighborhoods (in addition to the usual facts), the guides turned a familiar city into a treasure-trove of stories and history. Bottom line: I'd do it again. It was awesome!

Visited May 2011