“Excellent Location, Friendly Staff, Clean”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol
Ranked #80 of 142 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stayed here in December 2011 with my parents and kids. The staff was super friendly, the hotel was updated and quiet, and the location one block from the NY Ave Metro was superb. Throw in a fantastic Harris Teeter grocery store on the corner and your wallet gets a break from the barrage of expensive dining. The indoor heated pool provided hours of entertainment for the kids. A great experience overall.

Room Tip: Both the rooms we had on the 6th floor were perfect.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Rich L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that our team members took such good care of you and you found the amenities of our hotel and our neighborhood to your liking! Hope to see you return soon! Safe travels.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights on a recent business trip. It is a relatively new hotel and is very nice and comfortable. It is a block and a half walk from the New York (redline) Metro stop, and about a 10 minute walk from Union Station. It is in a developing area and there is a lot of construction happening just within a few blocks. There is a very nice and large grocery store on the corner with hot and cold food to go. A few fast foodish places in the same block. The room is very nice with lots of electrical outlets and good wifi connection. Two pet peeves... the light switch to the bathroom is outside the bathroom and behind the bathroom door when it is open. Can't imagine why they did this....the room service food trays were lift in the hall for most of a day. Also, the last night I was there it was quite noisy all night due to a wedding party on my floor. I let the front desk staff know this and they discounted my room for the night. I appreciated that. I also needed to buy a single stamp and the front desk staff gave me a stamp at no charge. I guess it's those little things that make an impression.

Overall I would recommend this hotel as a good stay for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BeaconTraveler

Thanks for your gracious comments about your recent stay with us. We hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed 19 May 2012

I have just spent two nights here with people from work to attend the Police/Peace Officer Memorial. This is a fantastic base to get around Washinton! The metro is just around the corner, and if you don't grab something to eat while you're out and about there are some great options around the hotel. I would highly recommend the grocery store at the corner! The hotel itself is great! Super clean and bright. I can't say enough about the staff, they would welcome us back whenever we came through the door and couldn't do enough to help. I want to take my husband to Washington and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Rich L, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Hello! Thank you so very much for commenting about your stay at our hotel. Come back and see us soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2012

My wife, infant son, and I spent two nights at this Hilton Garden Inn while visiting family in DC. We enjoyed the stay and will definitely be back.

The hotel is located in NoMa neighborhood which is primiarly filled with large office buildings. The hotel is only a block from a red line metro station or a fifteen minute walk from Union Station. In the same building as the hotel is a supermarket, coffee shop/bar, and restaurant. Across the street is a drug store. Other than these ammenities though it seems that there is not much else in the neighborhood. I overheard a hotel employee recommend to another guest to take a taxi to Chinatown for the best selection of restaurants.

We had originally booked a room with a king sized bed. Upon check in, seeing our baby, the hotel staff recommended we switch to a room with two queen size beds. It turns out that all of the king sized rooms are located at the front of the building and across the street from the hotel is a club that seemed to be very loud on Friday and Saturday nights. While we were grateful for the suggestion and enjoyed our quiet room, it would be nice if there were other king size rooms elsewhere in the hotel.

Our room was nice. We were located on the 14th floor which was quiet, even with both rooms on either side of us being occupied. There wasn't even that much hallway noise. The bathroom was standard and fine and the beds were pretty comfortable. There was an empty minifridge and a microwave for our use.

The hotel staff were very nice, always greeting us and asking how we were doing. We had a package mailed to us at the hotel and it arrived w/o a problem. Although we didn't use, there is an indoor pool, restaurant, and gym for use by guests.

Also, there is a Capital Bikeshare station in front of the building which made getting around DC very convenient.

We will definitely stay at this hotel again when we are in town. The service and facilities were good and the location was great. I probably would not stay here if I wanted things to do w/in walking distance, but its proximity to the metro and Union Station are great.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are very loud on Friday and Saturday nights.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sundinkc

Good Afternoon,

I am very happy to read the comments about your recent stay and glad that you found the location and amenities of our hotel to your satisfaction. Hope to see you return soon....safe travels.

Reviewed 14 May 2012

I've just spent 4 nights at this hotel with my husband. We were up on the 12th floor & it was pretty quiet. The room was a good size and we could just about see the Capitol building from the window. Massive, comfortable bed. Useful desk and sitting area. Shame about the lack of bath in the bathroom. Found the room abit stuffy without the aircon on and noisy/chilly with it on but that's probably true of most hotels when you can't open the window. Swimming pool very small but there is a whirlpool bath next to it. Metro station only 5 mins walk away. Can walk down to Union Station in 10 mins or so. Staff friendly and helpful. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple