Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
BRITOPSPIN
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

1st Time Visit

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 19 July 2021
My wife, 11 year old daughter, and I needed a quick weekend escape and we were very happy to find the W Hotel in Washington DC. We loved its proximity to the White House, museums, and National Mall. Had a great dinner at POV, which has delicious food, wonderful service, and a beautiful view of the city and the Washington Monument. The lobby was modern and our room with two queen beds was very clean and roomy. The only drawback was that we were next to the elevator and it was very loud late night with people coming back from the bar. Also, we enjoyed breakfast in the lobby before leaving. As a loyal Marriott member, we will return.
Date of stay: July 2021
Room Tip: High floor and away from the elevators
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
5.7 km from Hotel Washington
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Washington DC
1,263 results
All reviews w hotel rooftop bar white house front desk great location guest services beautiful hotel housekeeping staff national mall vue treasury whitehouse valet housekeeper concierge
Selected filters
995 - 1,000 of 1,263 reviews
Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

One word: AVOID. I have just checked in for 5 nights, and NEVER have I veen treated so badly at a reception before. They are extremely rude amd they will treat you as if you were asking for a room for free, instead of paying USD 200++ the night. We are a group of 14 people, btw. The room is TINY. either you enter or your suitcase. And if you are claustrophobic, AVOID at all costs, because all you see outside is 3 walls surrounding your window.
I am used to staying at the Willard, just next door. And in every aspect it is better than this place they call the W. When I mentioned at the reception I was used to staying at the Willard, the guy's reply was: "well, you can just go back there, it is right beside the hotel".
If I could, I would change hotels in the blink of an eye.
Absolutely terrible. I have been here for 20 minutes and hate it already.

Room tip: Choose ANY other hotel.
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank michelletU7759AO
Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

Fekade was our server at POV, and he was fantastic. The experience was magnified thanks to him! While at the POV, we sat near the lookout and were able to see the White House. Fakafe happily took our photos and offered to take more if needed.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2021 via mobile

Fekade was our server. We are visiting from out of town and he give us a “tour” of the beautiful view. The entire staff (hostess, bartender and server) was amazing! Could not have asked for bettter experience.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

I just had the most fabulous facial at Bliss Spa in Washington DC. My consultation was with Soraya. She was an expert and so kind. It was a first facial for me and it will not be my last.
My skin is glowing and my spirit has been lifted. Thank you Soraya.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 July 2021 via mobile

After through research (museum/monument proximity, car park, and breakfast package) chose this hip hotel.
Room:
I selected the best room (most expensive non suite room) and it turned out to be tiny, with barely enough room to move around the beds and a bathroom like a matchbox. Furnishings and fittings are a saving grace - quite trendy.
Checkin: fast but not very personalized/lacked attention to detail. I realize I didn't get the room with best view even though I paid for the top non suite room. Got a side view of treasury and no monument view and not on a high floor. This is in spite of requesting for the view a few times. If one wasn't available the front desk could have said so but instead i was told what I got was the best. Lobby is stylish.
Food: great. Breakfast awesome!
Rooftop bar: superb view of the mall, monument.
Valet/parking: very efficient
Concierge: Kim rocks! Got us museum tickets and had great advice for sights and tours!
All in all great for singles/couples and peeps who are okay with teeny swanky rooms but so-so for families.

Room tip: Breakfast package is a good deal. Valet is great with sms service Kim at the concierge is super!
Trip type: Travelled with family