2,506 results
All reviews rooftop bar treasury building bliss spa white house pov bar bliss products frosted glass amazing location rooms are small living room national mall few blocks marlon lobby spg hip concierge
Reviewed 12 May 2018

My wife and I stayed at the W for a single night in December 2017. Like many DC hotels, its best if you can take the metro to the hotel instead of driving. The hotel rate was competitive but in DC they always get you for overnight parking. I think it was $55 to park but remember that most of the hotels I checked charged similarly. I would have much rather spent that on food and drinks at the hotel but thats the way it goes.

The hotel is old in a typical DC building style that from the outside looks as though it could be a bank or federal office with its solid granite facade. Inside is like a different world -- polished modern decor, marble floors and soft colorful lighting. Its all very clean and shiny. No federal hints in here, its all very modernly decorated. There is a bar area to the right adjacent to a spacious lobby with lots of comfortable seating - large sofas and high backed padded chairs. After passing the front desk are elevators up to the rooms with one elevator dedicated to a night club on the roof.

The room was small but updated and clean. Everything is in top shape and well maintained. No cracked tiles or signs of wear and tear. I would have preferred the room to be a little larger but honestly, I get the hotel mostly for sleeping and getting ready for the next day, not for lounging or looking to spend a lot of time in.

We went out for the evening and upon returning we could hear the roof night club was in full swing. At the elevators there was hotel security checking that those wanting to use the elevator to the hotel rooms were registered guests to make sure nightclub customers were only using the correct elevator to the club and not the hotel rooms. I was very pleased that once inside our room the music from the night club couldn't be heard at all.

The bed was very comfortable and I was able to get a good night's sleep even with a nightclub going full blast not far away. The "W" is a nice hotel. Everyone is very friendly and courteous. I would gladly stay at the "W" again.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Hello trailhermit,

Thank you for your staying at the W Washington D.C. It’s a pleasure knowing you had a pleasant experience and liked your spotless room. We value your feedback and hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Jessica Mallon,

Reviewed 10 May 2018

The W Parking Team, or "Wheels" as they are known, is a wonderful staff of professionals. My supervisor had a recent event at the hotel and the staff took great care of him during his stay. He was so impressed that he encouraged another colleague to take her automobile during for another event today. Mr. Daniel leads a fine team who takes good care of the vehicle in a timely but safe manner. I would encourage anyone who needs to drive during their stay at the W, even if for a few hours, to park their vehicle with Mr. Danny and his wonderful team.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2018

Hello k4brian,

It was our pleasure to welcome you to the W Washington D.C. We are delighted to read that you loved our service and had a great time with us. I will surely share your compliments with Daniel and Danny. We hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

This is probably the swankiest and most hip hotel in DC, with an impressive lobby and designer touches throughout the trendy space. What the W offers in common amenities, however (amazing rooftop, gym, lively lobby with a DJ, etc), it lacks in comfort for people actually staying at the hotel and not just stopping by for cocktails (which are $17, btw).

The mattresses are possibly the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced at a hotel (including those at a much lower price point) and the walls are paper thin. I was kept up all night by people talking and yelling in the adjoining rooms, hallway, and street outside. And because the W styles itself as being an exclusive late-night club, the drunken debauchery only amplified as the night went on.

And while *most* of the staff was friendly, toward the late afternoon/evening, the vibe noticeably shifts toward being an exclusive nightclub and not a welcoming hotel. I was challenged several times by the elevator bouncer, for a lack of a better term, about what I was doing there, probably because I wasn’t dressed in a trendy suit like most of the people crowing the lobby bar.

Overall, I would recommend checking out the view from the roof, but would not suggest this hotel to anyone looking to actually sleep.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
TeamMarriott, Director of Rooms at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Hello Andy D,

We appreciate your wonderful comments about our hotel and are pleased that you enjoyed our facilities. However, we were sorry to read that you were disappointed with the mattress in your room and that you did not get a restful nights sleep due to noise from other guests.. We would have loved the opportunity to resolve this issue while you were here and would have moved you to another room upon request. Thank you for sharing your comments. We hope you will choose to stay with us again so that we can provide you with a better experience.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

This is THE place to stay in D.C. The staff are incredible and the location is just perfect. Colin at check in was so courteous and professional, with that W hint of fun - really set the stay off perfectly. Kim from
Concierge curated my stay to perfection. This property is cool, sophisticated and completely customer/service centric - I’m
loving it and will return! Thanks guys

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank kennym585
TeamMarriott, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2018

Hello Kenny M,

Thanks for the fantastic review and for pointing out all the details that amplified your stay at W Washington D.C. We appreciate you mentioning our attentive service, and we will surely share your compliments. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

The service in this hotel was excellent. It began with a great check in experience by Colin who later surprised us with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries and a wonderful hand written note for our anniversary. Alex at the Living room bar was nice and friendly and had a great personality. The doorman Ronnie greeted us each time by our name and gave us wonderful recommendation for dinner. The hotel was immaculate, breakfast was great and the location is perfect. As an SPG Gold member I could not have asked for a better experience. If ever in DC again this is the only place we will stay! Thank you W!

Room tip: Get an outside room
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TeamMarriott, Manager at W Washington D.C., responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

Hello mrsartieb,

Thank you for being a valued Marriott Rewards member and for your kind review of the W Washington D.C. Our Talent's highest priority is making every guest comfortable by helping them feel right at home. We appreciate you calling out Colin, Alex, and Ronnie for their devotion to service. We will share your kind words with them and thank them personally. We look forward to seeing you soon!