Phoenix Park Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
USD 175
Hotels.com
USD 175
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
USD 320
  • Pool
USD 162
USD 155
USD 238
  • Room Service
Georgetown Suites(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
USD 151
  • Breakfast included
The River Inn(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
USD 148
  • Restaurant
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
USD 274
USD 247
  • Restaurant
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
USD 181
USD 117
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 143/night.

USD 205
USD 183
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 213/night.

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I was in a basement room. The bed was concave and felt like it was old and used for years without replacement. Sleeping on an angle was fun but the old school Wall unit heater was loud and the nearby corridor for employees only was loud starting at 5am. Also No dresser. Awful. Just awful.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Art Y
Reviewed 18 January 2018

VERY NICE if you want just CLEAN ROOM to rest your head and shower and maybe watch a little tv. The District Hotel surprisingly gave me all of that for the price. One of the budget hotels near the downtown vicinity of attractions and local eateries, it's on a pretty quiet residential street in a brick building with an awning. I looked at reviews before hand just to check out the pictures and what people say. I called immediately to discuss the reviews and told them I expect a very clean room, and that's important. I don't need extra amenities, just make sure my room is CLEAN!

When I arrived in the night, Juan checked me in. He was pleasant. He explained that there is Wi-Fi only in the lobby area and coffee and tea is complimentary. The furnishing and carpeting is dated with I'm sure second hand finds but it was an eclectic cute cozy décor that served its purpose. On the side is a coffee/tea station with chairs and table to convene and sit.

I proceeded to my room to the elevator which was I expected the interior to be painted. But Let me tell you when I went to my room and opened the door, I was pleasantly surprised. It was immaculate! Wooden floors, corner room, moderate size, furnishings were simple with a desk, a flat screen tv above it and 2 chairs and end table next to the bed. The queen size bed had white fresh linen sheets and a blanket with multiple pillows. The mattress was firm but that's how I like it. There was a flat screen tv which only had a few cable channels but I wasn't there to just watch tv. There is an old air conditioner under a window next to the desk. The manually controlled heat was a God sent during the cold weekend! Next the bathroom was exceptionally clean and the décor inspiring. The fixtures were very modern, the shower stall was clean. Hot water was hot. I went back to the room area and saw a door. I walked over to it and turned the knob and it was a BALCONY! I never knew there were balconies in the building. Too bad it was cold I would have lounged out there. It was a good size balcony that could hold at least 8 people.
Over all I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't expect from the reviews for it to be nice. But I booked anyway because I was on a budget and the location is ideal. It's not the best hotel but it's decent ran by professional sweet staff just offering a place to stay for someone with no desire for a bunch of amenities.

I give this place 3 thumbs up out of 5 for the room and staff. I'll be booking again!

Room Tip: Try to request one with a balcony if visiting for the warmer months. A choose one south end corner because it's pretty quiet and larger.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank Sharon G
Reviewed 7 December 2017

I have never written a bad hotel review before but this place was terrible. We stayed here in September and the room was booked for us by a third party. We arrived after midnight to a room with weird lumps under the bedcover, a horribly stained carpet, a broken ceiling fan, no closet, dirty walls and cobwebs in the corners of the ceiling . We checked out the next morning and had a lovely stay at the very affordable and clean Holiday Inn that was almost across the street on the corner. Stay away from this place.They also rarely answer the phone if you call to ask a question about your room or booking,

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michelle T
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

I have never posted a poor review, I only let other travellers know about places I have visited or stayed in that I thought deserved tone acknowledged for their value.

My company booked this for me when I was attending a trade show. It looks ok from the outside, but once you get in,you can see that it hasn't aged well. Everything in it has been rejected from thrift stores.

The wifi only works in the lobby.

This is the first hotel that I slept on top of the sheets with my clothes on. There was a plastic hanger in the bathroom since there was no closet or drawers to put your clothes, not even a hook on the door.

If you read the other reviews about bugs and rats I'm sure you will avoid it like the plague.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
3  Thank MaloneJohn
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Got caught out with needing to book late for a business trip during a major conference in town. Although the location was good, not much else was.
I have always said, I am not fussed by high class accommodation, all I need is a clean room, a bit of space and good service. DON'T expect and of those features here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business