District Hotel Washington
USD 183*
USD 461*
USD 332*
  • Room Service
The Dupont Circle(Washington DC)
USD 286*
USD 302*
USD 275*
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
USD 349*
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
USD 503*
USD 301*
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
USD 254*
  • Pool
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 April 2012

This hotel has reasonable rates and is in a great location, walking distance to the White House, which is what I needed when I had a last minute opportunity to take my grandson to the White House Easter Egg Roll. The facade is interesting & historical, the lobby small but nice and the carpeted hallway is soft and soothing to tired feet. The beauty and comfort end there. I do not know about any other rooms, but room 110 is a closet. It is smaller than any room I have ever had in Europe. It was so cramped and tiny that we spent as much time away from the room as we could, preferring to walk on sore feet, or sit in a park. The room was clean enough, and the linens were very clean, but old carpet, cracked sink, chipped tile with crumbling grout, and shoddy repairs make it seem rundown and a little seedy. The wi-fi was unreliable, worked great the first night, terrible the next and just okay the third. Hot water for showers was plentiful no matter what time, and that is important to me. Housekeeping was stingy with the soap, we had only one that we had to switch between the shower and the sink. The breakfast is served in the lobby and unless you beat the European tour groups to the punch, you will be waiting a long time to get a freshly cooked waffle. The waffle irons are great and we enjoyed the hot breakfast option but with limited seating, plastic forks and no knives, eating the waffles was challenging. Coffe was good and they kept it coming. Finally, we saw absolutely NO bugs, no bedbugs, nothing. Our bed and towels were clean and fresh every day. This hotel is well-served by Alex at the front desk. He was unfailingly cheerful, friendly, positive and helpful. I appreciated his commitment to service, even when he was juggling phone calls and multiple customers at the desk. Thank you Alex, you are an excellent employee and I hope they pay you what you are worth
If you are on a tight budget and don't mind a tiny, tiny room, but need a clean bed and hot shower, you could do far worse than District Hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Moreta57
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We booked this hotel BEFORE we read the reviews. Our bad.
Since we were already committed, we gave it a shot.
The price was great and the location was really good. (Logan's Circle) Near DuPont Circle.
Like was mentioned in other reviews, they DO HAVE BED BUGS.
We changed our room.
Alex on the front desk is very rude, as has been mentioned on another review.
Other front desk people were nice.
The elevator is still out. Has been for over a year. I doubt they will ever fix it.
The continental breakfast is OK, but go to Whole Foods a block away. For less than a restaurant bill you can have a wonderful breakfast and eat it upstairs in the market's dining area.

The whole place is shabby. The room floor was uneven. It took a good 5 minutes before you got hot water in the sink or tub. And by the way, the tub plunger doesn't work, so if you want to take a bath, you need to stuff a wash cloth in the drain so the tub fills up.

We booked the room the week we were in DC, but we only lasted about 3 1/2 days. We checked out, got the rest of our money back, and went down the street to a clean Holiday Inn.

When we travel, we only care about sleeping and washing in our hotel room. But this place was too disgusting to even stay for that.

I know the price is tempting, BUT IT'S NOT WORTH IT!

Room Tip: If you must stay here, try a room at the end of the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BARRY H
Reviewed 30 March 2012

May 2011 found us in DC for a wedding and because of conventions, only a few vacancies to choose from. We settled on the District Hotel, charming on the outside but that's where it ended. Rooms are spacious and clean but the wallpaper is peeling and it was definitely retrofitted with electricity and probably plumbing too. The staff was friendly and prompt to bring up the plunger! The bed was hard as a board, in fact, it might have been a board. It didn't give at all. The TV and phones worked but the windows did not and the toilet did sporadically. On the positive, there was a breakfast include which we did not try and the location was perfect for our needs, close to Du Pont Circle and several other nice parks.

Room Tip: If you ignore the reviews and choose to stay here, ask for a lower floor or travel light. The elevator does not work.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mitimom
Reviewed 26 March 2012

District Hotel was ok.
We booked a room for 4, and we were 3.
Except the deterioration of the walls and the windows which were sealed up (you can't air the room), the beds were the most astonishing part of the room! They are big and clean.
The bathroom was pretty big and clean too. And the room was really big.
However, I would rather call this hotel a "luxurious hostel" more than a "hotel".
We shared a closed common door with a neighbor room, and it was very loud toward the end of our stay (having ear plugs is a plus in those cases).
The hallways are long, large, and well decorated, make you feeling like in a "real hotel".

As for the service, I would say VERY POOR. The guy at the front desk was rude and unpleasant with us. But I heard some other people having troubles with him too.

The breakfast is delicious though: different kinds of bread, cream cheese, waffles, jam, milk, orange juices, cereals, etc.
And the location is just PERFECT. You can almost do everything by feet! That's what we did.

You pay average, you deserve average.
I mean, our stay was ok but we only stayed 4 nights. I couldn't stay longer.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Please do not stay at this hotel... I stayed 2 nights this week. Room is so dirty you can't leave your socks, wires hanging from the ceiling, pigeon pooing on window (window never cleaned), staff obnoxious (really unpolite), breakfast included but so disgusting you don't want to it, wifi free but inaccessible because too weak...

Not 1 thing I would recommend this hotel for... Whatever price it is, believe me it is not worth it

ah, forgot to add, the linen were disgusting too

Room Tip: Don't choose any room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business