Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Deb Dries
Rochester, New York

The Best Hotel in Washington DC

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 25 July 2021via mobile
The Motto by Hilton in Washington DC is nothing
less than exquisite. Beautifully renovated, perfect for any type of traveler, and is in walking distance to anywhere you’d like to go. My husband and I went arrived for my birthday trip and we were greeted by Sharon who hooked us up with, quite possibly, the best room in-house. The rooms are quaint, clean and super comfortable! That first night, we enjoyed the rooftop bar which had the most incredible view! Each day we’d go out, we’d be excited that we’d finish up our night at either one of the bar/restaurant facilities at the hotel. The Crimson Cafe was very chill and cozy. The Whiskey Bar downstairs was sexy, sophisticated, and was responsible for pouring the best drinks and creating the most impressive cocktails. A special THANK YOU to Raquel, Brooke, Jenni, Ishobel, Sharon and everyone else who made this the best birthday trip ever! Thank you so much for the birthday card! You’ll go for the sights but it’s the staff at this hotel that will make you want to stay and never leave.
Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Responded 26 July 2021
Thank you for the wonderful review and for taking the time to recognize the amazing team! We are so pleased that you had such an exquisite stay with us and found our concept to be perfect for your birthday trip. Thank you for sharing your birthday with us and we can't wait to host you again in the future!

Happy birthday! :)
4.6 km from Motto By Hilton Washington DC City Center
Fitness centre
View more hotels in Washington DC
1,673 results
All reviews whiskey bar pod hotel rooftop bar rooms are small micro hotel white noise machine sliding door metro station small desk the national portrait gallery place to sleep national mall front desk staff queen bed directly across the street walking distance would definitely stay here again
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 July 2021

Really enjoyed staying at the hotel and pod concept. Staff was excellent and very helpful. Rooms were perfect and liked the simplicity of the hotel. Being older guy and staying in most Hilton properties..this is my favorite for business travel. I am definitely coming back. All of the front desk members were very good.
Plus location perfect…as a runner access to the National Mall is easy, National Portrait Gallery down the street, plus springboard to bunch of dining an retail spots.

Date of stay: July 2021
Jonathan Porcello, General Manager at Motto By Hilton Washington DC City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2021

Thank you for the review! It is wonderful to hear about your experience. Thank you very much for recognizing our amazing team and location. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

I’m here every week and they never seem to treat me any different than excellent. They make a first impression every time I walk in the door. The customer service is amazing. From the manager all the way down to meeting the cleaners, everyone is polite, and smiles. Every week someone does something nice and in some way does something extra. This week it was Shalon. It’s nice to be nice.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jonathan Porcello, General Manager at Motto By Hilton Washington DC City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2021

Thank you for the amazing five star review! I appreciate you taking the time to recognize Sharon and the rest of the team. We are always excited to welcome our guests and make them feel at home in our amazing city. Thank you so much for staying with us and I look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 23 July 2021

This was my first time staying at the Motto by Hilton Washington DC City Center and It was my best hotel stay experience! I highly recommend staying at Motto hotels because their staff are great! They are happy, helpful, and appear glad to see you. The rooms are great, the staff are great, the service is great and the food is out of this world.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the wonderful review! I am pleased to hear that you had such a great time with us and thought that our team was amazing during your visit. I am so happy that you got to enjoy our wonderful restaurants. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2021

Wow ! It was my first time staying in a very small hotel room ever@ it was so clean I thank the Manager @ team at that location for the excellent care ! I hope to be on a higher floor next time👍Front desk team always had a smile ! Fourth of July was busy but Fun🥂Thank u again. I will return!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank tonyab927
Jonathan Porcello, General Manager at Motto By Hilton Washington DC City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Thank you for the great five star review! I really appreciate the shoutout to the leadership and front desk teams. We strive to provide a great experience and I am pleased to hear that we hit the mark during your visit. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2021 via mobile

Stayed here in the Fourth of July weekend after bicycling the GAP / C&O. Super location in Chinatown, plenty of veg food options within walking. They stored my bike for me in their storage room and were very helpful. Rooms are fabulous, ultra modern, and very comfortable. So overall, great room, great location, great price, and great staff! Brooke and Jenny were especially cheerful and helpful throughout my stay! They go above and beyond!

Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Polkaguy

Thank you for the great five star review! I am pleased to hear that you had a great visit with us and found Jenni and Brooke to be super helpful! Thank you for taking the time to recognize them and we can't wait to host you again in the future.