2,321 results
All reviews bistro bis union station capitol hill complimentary wine hour boutique hotel the corner bakery animal print robes mini bar yoga mat wine reception attached restaurant capital building convenient location supreme court homeless people national mall front desk staff
Reviewed 27 November 2017

Wow where do I start with our stay at the George Hotel? Easy booking, pictures are actually what you get in the room and not staged. We had a bit of an issue with an email we received about a possible upgrade however it was sold out. When we contacted the manager Joon he was able to accommodate us with a no fee upgrade to a BEAUTIFUL room. Solimon and Abiy our valet were so nice and accommodating as well. I can say enough about the service. The room was beautifully decorated and matched the theme of the hotel and DC perfectly, however has their own quirky aesthetic. It was so close to union station and all the stops. I can not wait to come back and stay with the Kimpton George Hotel.

P.S the restaurant they had on site is beyond delicious.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joon C, Front Office Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Hi Monique Z,

Thank you for staying with us at the Kimpton George Hotel and taking the time to write us such a wonderful review! I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed the room and the ambiance of the hotel! It was our pleasure assisting you and making sure that your stay with us is nothing short of what you would expect from a Kimpton hotel. I will definitely pass on your kind feedback to Solomon and Abiy. I'm sure they will be excited! We hope to have you stay with us again next time you are in town, Monique Z!

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

We took the train to DC and stayed at this hotel which is 5 min walk from Union Station. It was a perfect place from which to visit the mall and the museums, an easy walk to everything. We’ve done it twice now, the weekend before Thanksgiving in 2016 and 2017.
Last year was perfect. This year we ran into a snag which maybe we just didn’t pick up on last year. There was a charge on our bill for $21 plus $3.11 tax, per night. When I inquired I was told it was an extra fee for services like higher than normal internet speed, etc. Nothing really. They said it was listed in fine print on the reservation but I didn’t find it. However...If you join their loyalty program at no cost this fee is not charged. Of course we joined and the manager dropped the charge.

Make sure you join the Kimpton Karma awards program!!!

Because the hotel is lovely and clean and convenient and very pleasant. And the in hotel restaurant (Bistro Bar) is highly rated and very good.

I feel it’s a bit of a ripoff to stick it in there and wait for complaints before deducting it, but at least it can be removed at no cost. I would rate it a 5 if not for this.

Hi Jane B,

Thanks for staying with us at the Kimpton George Hotel during your trip to Washington, DC! Looks like it is for the second year in a row! Sorry to hear about the small hiccup you ran into regarding the hotel fee. It is listed on the website when booking and confirmation page upon booking the reservation. However, you are part of our loyalty program now, so that shouldn't affect you any longer. Hope you got the chance to visit all the attractions on your checklist! Thanks for writing us a review and we hope to see you again next year, Jane B!

Reviewed 26 November 2017

The Hotel George is a three-minute walk to Union Station and not much more to Capitol Hill. That makes it a great place for visitors focused on the Hill, the Smithsonian, Georgetown Law School, and the burgeoning Shaw neighborhood. The comfortable, quiet rooms, super-considerate desk staff, and very pleasant restaurant made it that much more appealing to me. I've stayed in Kimptons with widely varying levels of staff attentiveness; this one tops the charts.

On what may seem a minute level, I especially appreciated the very simple alarm clock (see photo) in my well-appointed room. It was a refreshing change from the pricey, high-tech clock radios that so often leave technologically challenged people like me baffled and irritated.

Breakfast in the restaurant was great. No buffet option, but what was on the menu (egg white omelet in my case) came promptly and well-prepared.

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Philip W,

Thank you for staying with us at the Kimpton George Hotel and taking the time to provide us with a review! Thanks for the awesome feedback regarding our staff and their level of attentiveness. Their sincerity and genuine care for our guests is really second to none! Thanks for also highlighting our central location! Our proximity to all the locations you mentioned makes it extremely convenient! We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back next time you are in Washington, DC, Philip W!

Reviewed 25 November 2017

I love this hotel! My husband and I stayed over the Thanksgiving weekend while visiting our son. The room was spotless with great attention to detail including comfy bathrobes, wonderful aromatic shower staples and well stocked bar. Staff all friendly and welcoming.
Great location, close to Union station. Although pet friendly, we left our puppy at home but will reconsider next trip.
Only suggestion a choice of less strong coffee pods.

Room tip: We were on 8th floor not a great view but quit

Hi kidtalk,

Thank you for choosing to spend your Thanksgiving weekend with us at the Kimpton George Hotel! Hope you got to spend quality time with your son and eat lots of Thanksgiving food! Glad you enjoyed the amenities in the room, the staff and the location. Those robes are hard to take off once they are on because of how comfortable they are! You definitely need to bring your puppy during your next trip. Hope to see you then, kidtalk!

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Booked this hotel from hotel.com, fyi, please be aware of an additional $24.10 per night to be paid when checking out, they call it as "Hotel imposed resort fee", it's not refundable and is compulsory for all guests. The withholding fee is another one which they refund if all is well. The two bottled water and some refreshments in the room are not complimentary, which they have a list of prices for each item. The minibar is kept inside a small cabinet which includes different kinds of drinks. There's a wine hour between 5~6pm, but i assume everybody will be out during that hour. There's a small gym at the basement. Overall, we like the location of this hotel, as well as the size and style of the room.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joon C, Front Office Manager at Kimpton George Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hi pandabear34,

Thank you for staying with us at the Kimpton George Hotel during your trip to Washington, DC. Sorry to hear that you were caught off guard with the hotel fee. It is listed on the Hotel.com website when booking, but it should have been made more clear at check-in. The minibar items are indeed not complimentary, but the awesome part about Kimpton is that if you join our loyalty program, you receive a $10 Raid the Minibar credit! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we hope you stay with us again next time, pandabear34.