Open today: 4:30 pm - 12:00 am

Brunoash26
Virginia
via mobile
Whisky Love

Staying at the Watergate Hotel on business and stopped at the Whisky Bar. The mixologist, Kal, was... read more

Reviewed 10 February 2024
Jason J

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
Recommended experiences in and around Washington DC
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 November 2019

Had a great time with Adnan as my bartender. Awesome guy, great drinks and a great time. Great way to end the night after a show at the Kennedy center!

Date of experience: November 2019
Management_Team_365, Manager at The Next Whisky Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2019

Dear Justin,

Adnan is a gem, one of many on our team and we are elated to read that he always makes you feel so at home. We thank you for joining us for post-theatre cocktails and we look forward to you visiting again one day soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2019 via mobile

My colleagues and I frequently visit this place. The service is excellent and the staff are very friendly. The happy hour is great and we enjoy our time, here just relaxing, having a few drinks and spending time with our friends and colleagues after work. I will continue to visit this place as I love the overall customer experience!

Date of experience: September 2019
1  Thank Brunoash26
Management_Team_365, Manager at The Next Whisky Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2019

Dear Brunoash26,

We appreciate you sharing your support in the form of your wonderful review and your frequent visits. We are thrilled to find that you always feel so at home and we look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues again in the weeks and months ahead.

All the best,

Reviewed 21 July 2019 via mobile

Adnan is an awesome bartender who treated me with kindness, respect, and grace under pressure. He also made two cocktails for me that were both so fantastic, I’m sure I’ll be coming back just to have one more. The set up of the bar itself is very modern, hip, chic, and cool but not even close to as cool as Adnan. He recommended a few places to order food, both inside and outside of the Watergate Hotel, as well as recommended some great whiskeys for me to try with my old fashioned in the future. I can only hope that the rest of the bartenders and mixologists that I encounter in my travels will be have as suave and professional as Adnan was with me during my visit to The Next Whisky Bar.

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank titanv2019
Management_Team_365, Manager at The Next Whisky Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2019

Dear titanv2019,

We are fortunate to have many stars on our team at The Next Whisky Bar and Adnan is certainly one who shines brightly. We appreciate you taking the time to note both his talents and gracious hospitality, feedback which has been celebrated with him. On behalf of all of us, the pleasure was ours and we look forward to welcoming you again one day soon.

Reviewed 9 July 2019 via mobile

We had an amazing time at the watergate hotel, Xenia really hooked us up. Her recommendations were spot on and really treated us well. Definitely worth a visit!

Date of experience: July 2019
1  Thank zerophewl
Management_Team_365, Manager at The Next Whisky Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2019

Dear zerophewl,

Thanks for joining us! We are thrilled to learn that Xenia took such great care of you and that her recommendations lead to a perfect evening. We have celebrated your comments with her and on behalf of our entire team, we invite you to join us again when you next find yourself nearby.

Reviewed 5 June 2019

Located inside the Watergate hotel, next to the lobby. The bartenders Adnan and Saroj are very courteous, always ready to help. Tried several different types if scotch that usually not available in regular bars. Drinks were good. Food was good as well.

Date of experience: May 2019
Management_Team_365, Manager at The Next Whisky Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2019

Dear Irene,

On behalf of all of us at The Next Whisky Bar, we thank you for sharing such a wonderful review and we are thrilled to find that Adnan and Saroj took such great care of you. We commend you on sampling several of the drinks and our culinary team was delighted to learn of your comments. On behalf of all of us, it was a joy to welcome you and we look forward to you visiting again one day soon.

Best Regards,