National Museum of African American History and Culture

More Info
from USD 13.50
More Info
2,634 results
All reviews slave trade sweet home the upper floors bottom floor jim crow timed passes soul food below ground civil rights gift shop months in advance four hours united states the lower level american history wear comfortable shoes free tickets
Reviewed 5 April 2018

You need a lot of time , It is like a big book. To read a book takes about +-10 hours. So be prepared.

1  Thank builderofall
Ask_NMAAHC, Owner at National Museum of African American History and Culture, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience with NMAAHC. We are excited to hear that our museum met your expectations, and appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns.
Our goal is to provide exceptional customer service. Based on the events you described, we met this goal. Again, thank you for visiting NMAAHC and submitting a comment.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

I have visited this museum twice now. The first time I spent 2 hours on the top floor. It wasn't possible to get to the lower floors since I had arrived late in the day. On my recent visit, I was able to visit the lower concourses. I've grown up with stories of the Middle Passage, slavery, segregation, etc., but the museum still did justice to the experiences of people who lived through them. Some chaperones on my trip said they cried as they made their way through the exhibits-- the experiences of African Americans was done justice here. Food tip-- this is said to be the best food on the Mall.

2  Thank MamaAyinde

Reviewed 5 April 2018

Incredible crowded-couldnt get to see what we wanted. Beautiful building and yummy menu in the cafe.

1  Thank 73niniane

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The museum is beautiful and free! Don’t take the tour for 30 dollar per person! It does not add anything to the visiting. It’s a shame for TripAdvisor to offer this tour. Sorry to say, but the group isn’t small, the lovely old man is hard to understand and he is speaking for the whole museum.

2  Thank Jeroen H

Greetings,
Based on the pictures and review you provided you did not visit the National Museum of African American History and Culture. NMAAHC tickets are free and we do not have any paid tours

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Both my husband and I attempted to get same day tickets online at 6:30 am. I did manage to get into the system and proceeded to order tickets but was stopped from finalizing the transaction because my mac browser, Safari, blocked me. This happened to me twice. My husband has a pc and was never able to even attempt to get any tickets. All of the tickets were gone in about two minutes. We weren't ready to give up so we got in line at 11:50 am for the 1:00 tickets. The family in front of us in line said they attempted to get tickets online that morning and were unable to do so just like us. At 1:00 the staff promptly began giving out the tickets. The line moved quickly and we were able to enter the museum in a short time. It was much easier to just go stand in line instead of the frustrating 6:30 am computer online experience. IMPORTANT: Walk-up tickets are only available on weekdays. The museum itself was well worth the wait!!!

Date of experience: March 2018