Ways to Experience Union Station
from USD 13.50
from USD 339.00
from USD 49.00
2,123 results
All reviews transportation hub lots of shops amtrak train beautiful station main hall beautiful architecture postal museum shake shack tour buses the lower level capitol hill restoration escalator signage passengers mall basement
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

It felt like we went through this building multiple times as we traveled from our rental house into the Capitol area each day of our visit. Not only a beautiful building but lots of shops and things to see. Can’t imagine what it would cost to rebuild in this day and age. The outside front is as magnificent as the interior. A great place for family photos.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 6 April 2018

The great hall is worth a visit, it’s so beautiful since the restoration, definitely worth a trip. There are shops, restrooms and a food court, but we were just there to see the station. Outside the station is a statue and a great view of the Capitol.

1  Thank dclmom34
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Taking the train into DC is the way to go. The parking is very difficult if you arrive after 8 a.m. and most attractions don't open up until 10. Take the train, then walk over to the Supreme Court, the Capitol then hit the Mall and see the museums. So much easier than parking!

There are hotels near the Station. Good place to stay to be able to do everything on foot. There are some bad areas in this section too, but stick to the touristy parts and you won't even notice.

2  Thank Charrie63
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I had to exit the metro at Union Station to catch a bus. Having spent the day at the National Mall, where food options are virtually non-existent, I was so very hungry. The food choices offered at Union Station are submarine sandwiches, burgers, Chinese, and Japanese. Getting a steak dinner in a sit-down restaurant was not viable. I had to eat Chinese in the food court. And, finding a table with chairs at the food court was another unrealistic expectation.

This is NOT a place for sightseeing, unless you're into beggars. I was approached for money in the food court, while I was attempting a well-deserved chow down. I should have known that, since I had the good fortune of getting both a chair and table, something like this would happen.

There are some mall-type stores at Union Station. I wouldn't feel safe carrying shopping bags, and I definitely wouldn't wander around Union Station solo. I did not and would not shop here.

If you're into train stations, Union Station might be appealing. But, please don't confuse Union Station with a shopping mall, an eatery, or a safe place to visit.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A really beautifully designed station with some stunning architectural features. Worth a visit to the food court on the lower level. Reasonably priced food for a quick lunch snack.

1  Thank Garden3