“Awesome, truly awesome gelato - worth multiple visits”
Review of Dolci Gelati

Dolci Gelati
Ranked #921 of 3,524 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Whenever I am in this area, I try to pay Dolci Gelati at least 2 visits even if it means driving all the way from Fairfax Station into the city.

First the gelato - all the flavours were, as always, to die for - stracciatella, peanut buttercup, dark chocolate, salted caramel, mascarpone honey fig, Sicilian pistachio and vegan coconut were some of the flavours I had already tested and loved the last couple of times I was there. They did not disappoint this time and it is great to see the quality remains the same.

What was new? Rum raisin - just excellent and creamy, with the right amount of raisins, extremely yummy. The ACE (carrot, orange, apple) sorbet was just delicious. The mango sorbet was ok, but not extraordinary. My favourites this time around: peanut buttercup and rum raisin. Of course, I needed to eat the gelato filled cannoli as well as the creme filled cannoli (freshly made for you on site), and they continue to be great.

Service as always super nice, and the server from 2 years ago still remembered me :-).
A pity I don't live here...I would be making a lot of detours to come and get the gelato of your dreams. The place has been renovated and they have now tables instead of the "bar" setting. Also, they now offer ready-packed pints to have some gelato at home. But again, there is nothing better than fresh gelato...

Note the Alexandria subsidiary, despite having Dolci Gelati gelato, does not offer all the flavours as in the main location, and it is just not the same.

A pity none of my companions were so crazy about gelato as me, so I needed to stop after only 2 portions each time...

1  Thank girlfromfaraway

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

Hazelnut and dark chocolate make perfect combination. There is free street parking nearby. Worth a visit!

Reviewed 9 April 2017

This is truly an amazing jewel of a gelati store. Lots of incredibly unique flavors (e.g., cherry blossom had some rose and passion fruit; saffron and pistachio). They will let you taste to make your decision. Service was great. Store is very cute and clean. Worth a special trip here.

Reviewed 20 February 2017

Dolci serves one of the best gelato. We first tasted their gelato at a local restaurant at P and 11th. We were informed that the restaurant sourced their gelato from Dolci a local vendor. The Dolci branch across from Giant and close to Convivial is franchised; the owner is a young man from Naples, Italia. We like their croissants - best in the area. The new daily batch comes out fresh from the ovens around 11 am or so. Have not tried their coffee etc as yet but always am tempted. A delightful addition to our neighborhood. Hope they can survive the competition from the nationwide chain around the corner.

Reviewed 25 January 2017

Stopped into this cute gelato place a couple times on my last trip to DC since it was near my AirBNB rental. Great flavors including some unique combinations. Love the space; it's got two great big chandeliers. They even have a little station with water and treats for your pup if you've got a doggy with you!