“Delicious treats in a small trendy place”

Buttercream Bake Shop
Ranked #10 of 60 Bakeries in Washington DC
Reviewed 18 November 2017 via mobile

A friend and I stopped in for coffee and a sweet treat. We had a thoroughly pleasurable experience, from the welcoming staff, to the warm environment, tasty latte, and exceptional Heath blondie (with gold glitter) and lemon meringue cupcake. The blondie was not too sweet and not too dense - the perfect accompaniment to my coffee.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

so many decadent choices and delicious. not cheap, but special.very friendly staff and cute limited space to linger in. they make the pizza dough for next-door All Purpose Pizza

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

I came across Buttercream one morning on a trip to La Colombe coffee shop, just behind the bakery. They were out of pastries at the shop so I went to Buttercream, and I am so glad I did! Their baked goods selection was impressive with treats ranging from scones and specialty breakfast items to cakes and unique cookies. We had the cinnascone (which was to die for!) and the pumpkin muffin, also delicious. The woman working there was an absolute delight - so warm, friendly and helpful. I will definitely be back and highly recommend you check it out if you're in DC!

Reviewed 24 August 2017

We decided to try this bakery after seeing it on one of the popular food channels.The coffee was excellent and the cinnamon scones are nothing short of amazing. Go here...you want regret it.. you can thank me later.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

My husband and I were in DC for a Nationals baseball game. A week before we went we saw Buttercream on the Travel Channel. Their claim to fame on the show was their Cinnascone and there is a reason. It was so good...we had ours warm and it did not disappoint. We also ordered a little cheddar biscuit sandwich and a peanut butter chocolate confection for the ride home and we were not disappointed. The staff were all super friendly too which is always nice. We will definitely find our way back there.