“Great Sunset View!”

and up
Private Washington DC Day Trip from New York
Ranked #25 of 478 things to do in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: A 19-foot bronze statue of perhaps the most esteemed founding father sits beneath a columned rotunda in the style of the Roman Pantheon.
Reviewed 20 May 2011

Would recommend the hike over this memorial, you can see after the Mint or Holocaust museum to end the evening with a pretty sunset.

1  Thank MissMandaMay
Write a ReviewReviews (5,652)
All reviews
in 437 reviews
"memorial"
in 1,898 reviews

Reviewed 18 March 2011

As with the Lincoln Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial is awe-inspiring. I was there in winter but the starkness of the trees made for interesting photos. The writing examples of Jefferson incorporated into his memorial were beautiful and the view of the Washington Monument, the Lincoln Memorial, and the White House were all stunning. We were so lucky to have Jefferson in our history.

Reviewed 21 June 2010

I insisted our family make the trek to this memorial, but be forewarned that it IS a trek. There is no Metro stop anywhere near, plus there is a construction project to shore up the seawall that makes the hike even longer. I suspect a lot of people give up and don't go, which is a mistake. I loved it!

1  Thank superllamamama
Reviewed 9 June 2010

Maybe it's that I'm older now and pay more attention to the world around me, but I enjoyed this visit to the Jefferson Memorial when I really wasn't looking forward to it at all. I must confess that my interest was peaked by our tour guide who told me that it was Jefferson who brought macaroni and cheese, waffles, and ice cream to America. He deserves a statue for that alone in my opinion! Then I actually read the inscriptions on the walls of the memorial and realized that this guy sure seems to have the answers to what our country needs more of today. Not an exciting attraction, but well worth your time if you pay attention.

2  Thank cagseg