“Not just a coffee house !”

Tryst Coffee House and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Adams Morgan
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Each time I come to DC I stop by for coffee and a pastry. Great vibe and good service and coffee drinks/breakfast foods etc. Recently a friend met me for drinks in the evening and I discovered it has a whole different vibe in the late afternoons & evenings. Excellent appetizers and design-your-own salads. Nice wine selections and on certain days they have specials. Mondays are "Local Mondays" $5 drafts $10 classic cocktails featuring local brews. My favorite is Wednesday which is Wine Wednesday 1/2 off wine bottles after 7pm. Great wifi but note - no wifi from Friday 7pm to Sunday 7pm.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Good cappuccino, but they often run out of certain foods by later in the day, which was a disappointment.

Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

This was the first place I came to eat on my visit to D.C. last week. I was staying in Adams Morgan so it was just up the road.
Really good Cortado and great Avocado sandwich.
The place had a cool vibe about it

Reviewed 24 August 2017

Eclectic mix of tables, couches, benches etc. Lot of people by themselves with laptops. Those I was with had enjoyable meals and were pleased. I have food sensitivities so I was very limited. Able to make your own salad though and was large, chalked full of stuff.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

It's certainly not cheap, and the menu is limited, but if you order it... you'll like it. The atmosphere here is relaxed and comfortable, and the waffles with fruit are delicious. There are so many good places for coffee in this neighborhood, but this is a standout favorite.