“Great Coffee House”

Tryst Coffee House and Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours
Neighbourhood: Adams Morgan
Reviewed 19 October 2015

Excellent service excellent food highly recommended it. Very relaxed atmosphere very communal and at home feeling at this place. Great place to make new friends.

Reviewed 18 October 2015

We decided to have lunch at the Tryst café in the phillips gallery after a morning looking at the art. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The seating is limited by the décor is nice and the place is clean. Our food had came out quickly. We had the turkey cranberry apple sandwich. It was really excellent. The multi-grain bread was fresh. The greens were crisp. The cranberry mayo was really the high note of the sandwich. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 13 October 2015 via mobile

Everytime when I'm in Washington, I'm having breakfast at Tryst. Even though it is a 20 Min walk from the hotel I'm staying.
I really enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, great caffee and food, free wifi and outdoor seating.
Service is not always on the same level but still good.

1  Thank Stefan79
Reviewed 9 October 2015

We looked forward to a pleasant lunch at the Tryst Cafe in the Phillips Museum. It was a major disappointment. My wife ordered a turkey sandwich on whole grain--they ran out of both turkey and bread! We both had the tomato kale chickpea soup, which was not very good. The broth was thin (tasted like the juice from canned tomatoes) and overly salted and spiced. I also counted 5 chickpeas in a large bowl of soup. Not a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed 9 October 2015 via mobile

Just strolled past and fancied lunch. Went in and was not disappointed. Good food and friendly staff. Some reviews have said staffing is poor. We find them friendly and helpful but in no rush to pressure us into ordering or leaving once we'd had our fill. Great all ground.